Wednesday, June 13, 2007

TV fun and astonishment

I have no idea how to put a Youtube video on this blog. But PLEASE go and look at Paul Potts singing. The high quality sound/video one is the best. There are a lot to choose from. We have a programme on ITV at the moment, called Britain's Got Talent, and it is a talent contest to find a "normal" act to sing in the Royal Variety Show this year. It has been on every night, and there have been some wonderful (and excruciating) performances, but this is one from the first night, and it blew everyone away.

On to the stage walked this extremely nervous ordinary man who works in Carphone Warehouse, and this is what he did. I was in tears on the night. Go and watch. Then come back and tell me what you think!

9 comments:

TaunaLen said...

Oh my goodness, this gave me chills. I wonder if we can get this show on American TV. I'm gonna go check the guide right now. If not, I'll have to watch the episodes online to see if this guy wins. Thanks for sharing this, Linds.

~TaunaLen

Chris said...

WOW. I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY!

What an amazing talent. And he works at Phone Warehouse? You know if Simon says he's good, he has to be wonderful. Simon hates everyone. ;0)

Chris said...

And to post something from YouTube, you just go to the page it's on and copy the code, then paste it on the "Edit HTML" tab where you want it to appear.

Play with it. It's really easy.

someone else said...

Oh my word! That left me in tears. What an amazing talent.

Susan said...

I don't know one thing about YouTube but I'll take your word for it :o)
Susan

Dawn said...

Well, my comment went away somewhere in cyberspace. Here goes again.

I found him and had fun watching the faces of Simon, all the judges in fact, and the audience when he said he was going to sing opera. Simon can be so cruel. He was blown away. What a nice surprise. Paul seems to be very humble. I hope he makes it.

someone else said...

Hi - back again to say my husband returns to the States on Sunday. They are in Scotland at the moment making arrangements there and then they'll come back to my BIL's in England. He's had quite the trip!

Mobile-phone-finds said...

I'd like to try to post the video for you but the comments form won't let me, but you can have a look at the video here. There are two performances so far.

He posts a lot at OneCompare.com so if you would like to wish him luck head over and leave a message for Paul.

Anonymous said...

ahem
not so average carphone warehouse?
paul is a trained and performing singer...

see :
http://www.bathopera.co.uk/Past%20Productions/Aida/aida_biographies.htm