Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Appliances, juggling and purple nails.....

You are all so sweet. I wish you could show up in the library on Friday to join us! I just get so frustrated by some younger specimens making assumptions about what those who may be slightly older are capable of doing. I tend to see it as older people having way more experience from which they can draw. 

But moving on......

I am in the middle of Strategic Planning. I swear I could mastermind a multi-disciplinary, multifaceted event, like a battle with my eyes closed and only one hand functioning. Ask any woman juggling older relatives, younger relatives, life and herself at the same time. We are amazing. We can do anything. Medical appointments, medications, tickets, travel, dentists, tumble dryers which may burst into flames, missing receipts, nails, cooking, shopping, hair standing on end..... (pause for deep breath) friends dying, birthdays, trains, house, classes, gym.......

Well, some gets shuffled to the side now and then, like the gym right now, but that is purely temporary. I sit down in the evening and fall asleep almost immediately. Logistics. Trying to get things to dovetail together. So very complicated at times. But, to get to Goal A, 5,465,829,456,926 things need to be sorted first. By me. Sometimes, the head crashes onto the desk, I confess. It is a challenge. I am, of course, very good at forgetting the "Pace Yourself" instructions which I know I have to follow. So there are always consequences. 

I have a fairly new tumble dryer, which happens to be one with a safety alert notice attached to the model. 8 million or so of them need to be adjusted to prevent them from bursting into flames and potentially burning the house down. Just PERFECT. Can you see me with physical limitations, or my 90 year old mother tossing a burning dryer out of the door with ease? Maybe not.  They are apparently safe to use, but not to be left. 

However, some still catch fire. 

So, in an organised fashion, while waiting for it to be fixed, I started hunting for the receipt. Hahahaha. All my receipts are kept together. HAHAHA. 4 hours later, I called the shop in desperation, and they, thankfully, were able to supply a replacement invoice for me. This is important, because, after reading of more disasters on their page, I decided that I didn't want an adjusted one. I want to get a totally different reliable one. One which has no intention of killing us. So I asked for a refund. And, unbelievably, they are giving me a full refund! Amazing. I was absolutely delighted.  I should imagine that they are only too happy to cross some names off the list. Now I await collection. Tomorrow I will sort the new one. Time. It all takes time, doesn't it.  


This is a totally boring post. 

Life a la Linds. 

I do have purple nails, though. Just to spice up my day.

New nails. Special deal. I am purple!


I just wish you could see the to do list. The new oven was on it again - it has been on it for a good while. Years. But keeps getting kicked off for one reason or another. Ovens which are dependable are vastly over-rated, I keep telling myself. 

I clearly have a problem with appliances and need to get a life. But not long now, and I will have lots to tell you!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Your purple nails suit you. Life is always...umm, interesting, isn't it? Good luck with the new dryer!

Needled Mom said...

Such an exciting life you lead!!!!! I am thrilled they reimbursed you for the dryer. That would make me nervous to have it in my house.

There are many days that I feel as though I am pulled in 10 million different directions. One step at a time.....

Linda said...

You're doing a great job, Linds. Isn't it puzzling the way this season of life, which i thought would be slow and peaceful, is so busy?! And none of it is very exciting stuff. These days our calendar squares are filled with doctor appointments - either for us or my Mom and Dad. We are determined to take a vacation this year - somehow or other :)

Vee said...

I'm thrilled to know that somewhere there's a gal who can do it all and I am glad that that girl is you! I haven't painted my nails in years...years! I don't call anyone unless I have to. I suffered all day with a bad connection on cable tv so I wouldn't have to. Obviously, I need lessons on such things, too. (I am shocked that I have missed your post for four entire days. I know that my Friends blog doesn't always update, but this is ridiculous!)

Pam said...

Ah, technology. Wonderful when it works...

You have such a lovely smile and beautiful skin.