Monday, February 08, 2010

So beautiful......

Something quite remarkable happened an hour ago. I was sitting at the computer, and the sun appeared through the window! Why remarkable? Well, because the village is in a valley surrounded by exceedingly high Alps, in winter, the sun only reaches the valley much later. And on the other side of the house. But spring is on the way, and the days are getting longer now, and the sun is managing to climb just that little bit higher, so it can peep over the top of the alp and shine. On me.
And the snow of course. And make the world absolutely stunning. Beautiful. Amazing.

So I grabbed the camera and leki stick and trotted out the door. Trotted being a euphemistic word, you understand. But at as much speed as I could muster.

For those of you not bored to death by snow photos, you can go here and see some more. I thought RCR was getting slightly swamped by snow photos!

The sun is still shining, and I need to drink on more of the beauty. I don't think it is possible to overdose. I will be back later.

6 comments:

Vee said...

There's no way to overdose on such a delightful thing. Truly beautiful and I've been noticing these longer days myself. Glad that they've arrived to shine on you before you leave to return and have them shine on you again. (I don't have to make sense in comments, do I?)

Dawn said...

So glad the sun shone on you today! What a blessing. Store up the memories!

Crystal said...

Don't worry about too many pictures - impossible!! Doesn't the sun feel good when it comes out now? Definitely a harbinger of spring. I love when you show pictures of the Alps :) Are you staying on for awhile?

Mary said...

I could absolutely, definitely, with put a doubt park myself in those photos. Stunning!

Needled Mom said...

I still enjoy the photos, Linds. They will never get old.

We, too, do not have basements where we live. Perhaps that is because of earthquakes, but I don't know. I would love to have one like I had when growing up in Iowa. Oh well.

Do you have any hint of how much longer you will be there? I know it depends on your mum. Was her surgery only able to be done there and not in the UK? I am sure she must be as eager to get home as you are.

Barbara said...

Will never get tired of Swiss snow scenes. Can think of no better place to be holed up. Do hope things are going well for your Mum.