Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Back in the water............

I have torn myself away from my seat under the apple tree in the glorious sun. I can say that today because yesterday was decidedly iffy. Cold. Grey. Until after midnight. Nearer to 1AM, actually, because I was determined to see a meteor and the clouds refused to budge until then.

So, there I was. Standing in the pitch dark, staring at the sky, when the most amazing meteor slid across the sky. It was huge. It was bright. And it did not shoot. It slid gracefully across the sky, giving me plenty of time to watch it, but not enough to attempt a photo. Beautiful. Worth being up at dark o' clock.

I knew the peak of the meteor showers was around yesterday. Apparently I was a day out. But you can still see them in the sky, just without the possibility of 100+ an hour. My one was enough. The west coast of the US is supposed to be a wonderful place to watch the meteors, for any of you over that side of the States.

I am happy with my one.

So this morning, I trundled off to aquazumba again, after a couple of weeks break for a variety of reasons. Guests, creaking etc. By the end of the warm up I was ready for traction. But I stayed in the pool, and survived. Just. I am now walking rather stiffly, but as I said, I am alive. That is what counts. I will be back in the water on Thursday.

Diana has made another of her stunning orange cakes. Absolutely delicious. The house smells wonderful too, which is an added bonus for us all. Mum has also made fruit salad, so it definitely smells and looks like Spring here today. The washing was dry early and the greenhouses are open.

Did you see that? I said the greenhouses are OPEN!! It is nearly the end of April and it has been like winter, so they have stayed shut, apart from when I have watered them. the seedlings are all growing well, and so are the ones upstairs. I must check on them. They will be needing a great deal of water while the temps are high. Anyway, I introduced them to the sun. And they leaned towards it inquisitively.

I love seedlings. My garden.

But you know that.

It is now dark. You see, I looked out of the window as I wrote earlier, and I saw the sun and wondered what I was doing inside. So I abandoned all and went out. Margaret then popped round to dump some of her garden waste in my bin, and stayed for tea and cake. She also brought me some delphiniums, so I have just been out planting them. And watering.

And as I write, I am live streaming the Exponential 2013 conference, listening to the speakers. Francis Chan was wonderful. Right now, they are talking about numbers. The whole conference is about Disciple Shift. Absolutely great. (It is free by the way. Over 20 000 were watching on line and over 5000 in the hall.

Tomorrow, I will download the photo of the cake. I can't remember where I left my camera. Mother has just brought me coffee, so I will recharge in a minute. Enjoy the rest of your day!

PS: My sister has been on the phone complaining about the lack of posts. Oops.

Edited to add: My sister sent me a message to say I had forgotten to check the spelling etc. I had. I am so sorry you had to decipher this post. I hit publish and headed for the rocking chair and fell asleep. 

5 comments:

Chris said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who has missed you! I was about to send out the troops to find you. Didn't know whether you'd gone under in aquazumba, or slipped and fallen while gallavanting around, or simply decided to live in the garden for the remainder of the season. I'm glad to know you're well (sort of) and gardening!

Vee said...

It is cold and brisk here again. Any chance of the recipe for the orange cake? Have you seen the Pinterest orange slices dipped in chocolate ans sprinkled with sea salt? I'm on an orange kick!

Stripeyspots said...

Hmm orange cake!

Diana said...

The Orange cake recipe is here! http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/sticky-orange-cake-1930
I used orange juice instead of lemon juice at the end, with a spoon or two of sugar, but not much. It's amazing!

Diana said...

The Orange cake recipe is here! http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/sticky-orange-cake-1930
I used orange juice instead of lemon juice at the end, with a spoon or two of sugar, but not much. It's amazing!