I always knew this was going to be a tough week. And there have been unexpected added extras .......
- A friend's mother died on Monday.
- Photocopied another file. More than a ream of paper. And a leg which did not appreciate being stood on.
- Could not sleep. In bed at midnight. Up at 3am.
- I saw my GP yesterday and totally forgot why I made the appointment 2 weeks ago.
- Still can't remember.
- I have conceded the need to keep taking the meds. Defeat in one way and reality in another.
- Ate chocolate cream cakes with Jean. She found them reduced so we were obviously meant to eat them.
- I saw the pain specialist yesterday too. Nothing more they can do. Just keep on doing what I am doing and accept limitations. Wonderful.
- Could not sleep. Up at 3am etc etc.
- A friend's father died today.
- Went to see lawyers today. Had to go over the whole G thing from the start. Over 2 hours of the whole story all over again. Ceremoniously surrendered the files to her. 3 years of work and blood, sweat and tears. It could take months still, but the whole thing is in motion now and I am not fighting alone any more. Praying for a swift conclusion and a miracle or 2. One big positive is that she knows what CRPS means, knows about Bath being a centre of excellence, and knows all the problems associated with CRPS. Without me saying anything. Eureka.
- Home to fall asleep on couch for hours. Many hours.
- Scoffolding down on monstrosity behind. It has not improved the look. At.All.
- Tomorrow........... final meeting with the school, which is going to mean dismissal on medical grounds.
- Then maybe, just maybe, I will get to sleep and wake rested on Friday morning. And start trying to find me again.
- After burning 2 dinners last week, I invested in a slow cooker. Now have to learn how to use the thing. Sandra ......... I need help!!!
You know, on the way home from the lawyers today, I was discussing timing with Glynis, and I suddenly thought that, had I got lawyers involved before now, it would all have been different, because we would not have known about the mistakes with the valves. This is the right time. For one reason or another, even when I went to check out some lawyers before, something has always been not quite right. I am glad I waited. Or, let's be accurate here, was made to wait.
So, I am sorry I have nothing light and frivolous to expound on today. Maybe next week. Oh wait.....next week is mammogram time and other assorted delights. Groan. Life is just a frenzy of fun and excitement around these parts.
Thank heavens the sense of humour is still showing some feeble signs of life.