Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The warrior is back.....

So today is Tuesday. This is worthy of note, because tomorrow is Wednesday. Tomorrow is the day I am going back to Oxford for 2 more Inquests. Not for Geoff, but for 2 more of the people who died like he did. Unnecessarily. There is every chance they will be adjourned because they do not have all the information needed.

And today I had a call from a lawyer who will be there observing both Inquests, as her (very large) firm has been appalled at the fact that there has not been any big investigation into the fact that 7 people (she says) have died so far. They found out and have been tracking events from the Medical Alert issued when the heart valves were withdrawn from use in the EU last year.

I have been praying for an angel, people. I am tired of this warrior mode I have been in for the past 3 years. I have nothing left in me. And maybe she is the angel. Who knows. I do know that we are meeting at 9am tomorrow. So a multitude of prayers would be appreciated. Many multitudes, in fact. And please continue those prayers all day. One Inquest in the morning, and one in the afternoon, and then we start on talks re re-opening Geoff's Inquest again. And this time, there will be lawyers, barristers, and whoever I can get there. Bring it on - the gloves are coming off.

Miracles do happen. I believe that. There could be a miracle too, if someone stands up and says - Enough. We blew it. We are so sorry and accept full responsibility.

Yes, I know, it is naive of me to hope for that, isn't it. However, as I said, miracles do happen. In the end, truth and justice will prevail, of this I have no doubt. I have NO idea how this has been kept out of the press, by the way. But tomorrow, there will not just be two families alone vs the hospital, because I will be there with my 2 wonderful friends, and the lawyer, watching and listening. And holding fast to the promise in Psalm 46.

My papers are ready. My brain has slipped into medical mode again, and adrenalin is surging through me. This is not promoting a peaceful and/or relaxing afternoon or evening.

For so long I have refrained from talking about details, but you know, now I am beyond caring. You will be hearing it all. Geoff died from a massive mistake. Whether the valve was faulty, or the hospital failed to follow procedure and didn't wash the toxic chemicals it was stored in off it before planting it in his chest, the end result is that they killed him. His heart disintegrated.

He did not have to die.

11 comments:

The Bookworm said...

Praying for you.

Needled Mom said...

I will be fervently praying that you will finally have some definite answers, Linds. Perhaps this is your angle you have been praying for all this time.

Crystal said...

Ah, LInds - - praying and keeping Psalm 46 (which I read in my morning devotions too) close for you.
((( HUGS )))

Edith said...

I will be praying also...thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Adding my prayers to all those before me, Linds.

xoxoxo

Diane

Olson Family said...

Praying for you Linds. Trusting that the Lord provided exactly what you needed today and gives you rest tonight. S

someone else said...

Praying and caring deeply. Bless you!

Chris said...

Always here for you.

FIGHT ON!!!

Jess said...

PRAYING>>>>>and hugs!

Love, jess

Dawn said...

I am so far behind and just saw on FB that you have completed your job - I pray the result finally is what it needs to be - and I don't understand how the press has not grabbed onto this story!

Mary said...

All I can think of to say is - love you.