Friday, December 10, 2010

Why some lists should be deleted....

Ah, people, the spirit is willing but the body is on strike. I have this list, you see, and it is not getting done. Why? Because it has things like "move all the grow-bags of soil from last summer to the front of the house to toss the soil onto the beds there" on it. And I want it done NOW and it is absolutely not going to get done. A) they weigh a ton, and B) they are frozen and C) I can't lift them. So therein lies the frustration. Never mind that really, this is not important in the greater scheme of things, and that even when I was at my physical prime many moons ago, I don't think I could have lifted frozen bags of soil.

Oh well. This is where the absence of mega strong sons from the premises is sorely felt. So the list stays. And the pacing of the wrong kind continues. And the list just grows longer.

You would grin if you could see me here right now. I have an iPod. This is a wonderful invention and I love it. However, my son put my music on it, and then left for uni. And I have no idea how to buy any music, nor did I have a clue how to put my CDs onto it. So I thought, right. I can do this. I am not an idiot. And I popped a CD in the slot and wow! It downloaded. Only it did it a few times, so I had to phone a friend who is under 30 and ask for idiot-proof instructions. Oh the success! So I am sitting here so proud of myself with a stack of CDs next to me, popping them in and out and hoping for the best. I have no idea how many will fit on the iPod. Maybe sirens will go off when it is full. It is the little things which amuse me......

And speaking of things which amuse me.....
  1. The Christmas quilt is coming alone slowly.
  2. The autumn quilt is re-pinned with thinner batting.
  3. The flowers have their button centres.
  4. The chicken is roasted.
  5. The snowflakes are dangling in the window.
  6. I have a basket full of new ideas to make. One day. Some time.

And then there is the other list.......

  1. This list has been deleted. because I don't want to think of things that don't make me grin this evening.

Sorted.

4 comments:

Vee said...

I'm off to burn a list...

The Bookworm said...

My middle daughter has just designated a pretty notebook to be her book of lists. Should I stop her now before she slides too far down the slippery slope?

Linda said...

I have decided this Christmas Season will be list-free. I am an inveterate list maker, but I really, really want to just go through this next couple of weeks slowly and savor the days.
You have accomplished so much Linds. Permission to just leave that list deleted for a while and do what brings you joy.
I'm proud of you with the i pod business. I haven't ventured quite that far yet.

Pam said...

Wow, the iPod stuff. Congratulations.