Saturday, April 10, 2010

A son back home for a little while.....

Well, David is back home for his Easter Break before heading back to uni and the last term of the year. Exams and all the rest. A couple of weeks at home is great for his mother, of course. I have Stuff which needs doing. Heavy stuff. He has a list. Bless him, he walked in the door and started casting his eye about checking up on what needed doing. I asked him what he was doing, and he told me it has been months since he was in his protector mode, and he wanted to make sure he knew what was needed. Sigh. I must have done something right along the way raising him. He is a gem.

It has been a stunning spring day today, and the tulips are about to bloom. I can't wait to see the colours. Particularly as I seem to have forgotten which ones I chose! My mind chooses to forget details like this. Highly irritating and completely without my permission.

I left the Easter decorations up so that he could see them, but tomorrow they will come down. Spring can stay (the decorations) but the Easter stuff needs to be put away, much though I love it all. Happy colours. Gentle colours. Colours to make me smile - the pinks, yellow, blues and greens.

I have been patrolling the garden, checking for the horrible lily beetle, and watching to see when the potatoes will start growing. Not to mention all the seedlings in the greenhouse. Patience is not one of my gifts.

And the new week brings with it a funeral as well. Wednesday. It will be a difficult day for my friend and her family. But they will not be alone.

I hope everyone is having a great spring weekend, and that the sun is shining wherever you are! Now I need to go and cook something.....

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

So glad that David is such a willing participant in the chores. Yes, you did lots right.

I always forget the colors of bulbs and flowers too. I think, "I will move the yellow one here...or there" and then forget which one it is when it is time to remove it. SIGH!!!!

Vee said...

I hope you cooked one of David's favorite somethings...

Won't it be fun to see the tulip colors? I know you chose well so it will be good...very good.

Dawn said...

It was sunny part of the day, but the temp never rose high enough to make me happy. It was a good day, though.

I am missing lots of my daffodils this year - will have to plant some more this fall.

As for forgetting - I have fun every year when I get out my spring/summer clothes, because I tend to forget what I have - fun!

Mary said...

It is time for us to plant our bulbs. Sigh... I can't believe a whole year has passed since my last dismal effort. Although all the signs are there (tried and tested) I refuse to believe I am a plant killer. This will be the year. Famous last words - lol

Laurie in Ca. said...

Our sons are such a blessing Linds. My son Eric just did some major tree trimming, sweep 7 years of debris off the roof, built stairs in the garden and my Sis in law and I were on the ground cleaning up. Darned near killed us girls in our 60's:) Of course it was for the anniversary party surprise for his wife, who hates surprises. And it was on the Saturday between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. We pulled it off and it was great. Now I just have to stay on top of it:) Love you Linds.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Crystal said...

I'll be thinking of both of you so much this week. ((( HUGS )))

P.S. We went to the mountains for the weekend - and the computer wasn't turned on for a full 36 hours. It felt good to just interact and be in the moments :))

someone else said...

Oh, I just melted into a mush puddle reading about David being in protector mode. You are blessed, and so is he!