Thursday, April 22, 2010

A walk with a friend.....

Just LOOK at it. Any field mouse, no matter how small and cute, who thinks my garden is the Costa Brava and its own personal playground, needs to leave. And I will assist its departure by any means necessary. Snoozing in the sun. I was less than impressed. Its days are numbered.
Glynis and I went for a walk at a country park this morning. A slow walk. My stick came too, of course. The blossom is out now......

And the lake was beautiful, and so peaceful. Half the world seemed to be out for a stroll as well, but all happy people, who greeted everyone as they passed. The sun makes people smile.

The ducks were happy too. And the great bit is that there is a wonderful place there to have coffee or tea. And they have wonderful cakes too.

I really did mean to take a photo of the warmed chocolate brownie before I ate it. I really did. But somehow I appear to have inhaled it at speed. It was divine. It is a miracle I didn't scrape the plate even more.

So Glynis and I sat and chatted and relaxed, and it was a lovely way to spend the morning.

6 comments:

Vee said...

I should say it was a lovely way to spend time with a friend. The colors in the water on that last shot are amazing!

Sandra said...

LOL I can't stop laughing at your field mouse and your "it's days are numbered" hahahahahaha

Linda said...

It looks and sounds absolutely perfect Linds. I'm so glad you had such a lovely day.

Dawn said...

Perfect day - what beauty. It rained all evening and all night and off and on until noon. Then the sun came out for a brief hour, showing the gorgeous snow-capped mountains once again - then back to clouds. Maybe tomorrow!

I'm drooling at the thought of the brownie.

Needled Mom said...

Awww.......such a sweet little creature!!! ;)

Your walk looks and sounds delightful.

Janine said...

I love mice - pity that you can't send it to me. Felt quite nostalgic looking at the pics - have fond memories of the chocolate brownies!