Sunday, May 13, 2007

Stolen child - Pray for Madeleine



Little Madeleine McCann was snatched from her parent's holiday apartment in Portugal 10 days ago. Please pray for her safe return. She had a 4th birthday on Saturday. It is unbearably sad to think some evil people would do something like this. The more prayers, the better. And our blogging world is very good at the prayer part. Very good. So let's make it work for her too. The link is to the latest BBC story and the photo is from the BBC website as well. If I had the vaguest idea how to make a button, I would make one. Is there anyone out there who could? Then we could all have it on our blogs. Especially as this is Mother's Day around the world.

My sister phoned my mother today for Mother's Day (it is in Switzerland too, just not here) and she asked why I had not put it on my blog. I look at the readership on the map and there are people in Europe, both Western and Eastern, who do read it, and so I especially ask them to keep looking, wherever they may be.

We all have so much to be thankful for.
  1. Our children
  2. Our parents, especially our mothers
  3. Our families
  4. Our friends

And also for the ability to enjoy the ordinary everyday things in our lives. The simple things.

Like these - my weekend review looks something like this:

  1. Go to town to pay bills
  2. Take Mum to Traidcraft coffee morning
  3. Take Mum shopping
  4. Work on allotment between rain showers
  5. Dig up half the weeds in the world
  6. Plant more potatoes and beans
  7. Lose ability to straighten up
  8. Lose all strength in hands due to weed removal
  9. Go to Eurovision party No 1
  10. Shriek with disbelieving laughter at results
  11. And songs
  12. But the UK did not come bottom
  13. 3rd from the bottom
  14. Church in the rain
  15. Marked books
  16. Out to coffee with friend
  17. Lesson planning
  18. Coursework planning
  19. Threw self on floor in despair when saw impossible new teaching scheme handed out by new dept head.
  20. Contemplated resignation
  21. Again
  22. Found chocolate
  23. Ate it
  24. Sundry meals cooked, washing done, beds changed etc etc

There you have it. I lead a truely exciting life. It is still raining, and the heating is still on. And I have to go to work in the morning. Sigh.

7 comments:

Susie said...

She's a beauty, so close to the age of my youngest granddaughter.
My prayers are with her and her family.
Your weekend sounds filled to the brim..
Hope you found a bit of "me"
time!
xo

Susan said...

What a sweet precious child. How can anyone be so cruel. We will pray.
Susan

Crystal said...

Praying here too - such sadness.

I hope you are a little refreshed for another week in the trenches of school. My students do the first 2 parts of their provincial achievement tests this week. We will all be glad when this ordeal is over!!
((( HUGS )))

someone else said...

That's so very sad. Those kinds of happenings always make me sick in the pit of my stomach. I just don't understand such evil.

Happy Mother's Day, Linds, although you won't see this until Monday.

Dawn said...

So sad!! Thanks for letting us know.

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I did, though I did a lot of the work and am tired. But everyone was here, including my mom and dad.

Have a good week at school! Why does change seem to be the norm??

Kev and I have both finished Part 8, finally.

Butterfly Mama said...

Oh, I'll be praying for her and her family. That is like the biggest nightmare that wakes me up in the middle of the night running into my son's room...oh my heart just aches for them.

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Loves,Heidi

Linda said...

I will certainly pray Linds. I can't think of anything more terrible to happen. I pray they find her quickly. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
Sounds like a truly busy weekend.
I hope you have a good week at school.