Little Madeleine McCann was snatched from her parent's holiday apartment in Portugal 10 days ago. Please pray for her safe return. She had a 4th birthday on Saturday. It is unbearably sad to think some evil people would do something like this. The more prayers, the better. And our blogging world is very good at the prayer part. Very good. So let's make it work for her too. The link is to the latest BBC story and the photo is from the BBC website as well. If I had the vaguest idea how to make a button, I would make one. Is there anyone out there who could? Then we could all have it on our blogs. Especially as this is Mother's Day around the world.
My sister phoned my mother today for Mother's Day (it is in Switzerland too, just not here) and she asked why I had not put it on my blog. I look at the readership on the map and there are people in Europe, both Western and Eastern, who do read it, and so I especially ask them to keep looking, wherever they may be.
We all have so much to be thankful for.
- Our children
- Our parents, especially our mothers
- Our families
- Our friends
And also for the ability to enjoy the ordinary everyday things in our lives. The simple things.Like these - my weekend review looks something like this:
- Go to town to pay bills
- Take Mum to Traidcraft coffee morning
- Take Mum shopping
- Work on allotment between rain showers
- Dig up half the weeds in the world
- Plant more potatoes and beans
- Lose ability to straighten up
- Lose all strength in hands due to weed removal
- Go to Eurovision party No 1
- Shriek with disbelieving laughter at results
- And songs
- But the UK did not come bottom
- 3rd from the bottom
- Church in the rain
- Marked books
- Out to coffee with friend
- Lesson planning
- Coursework planning
- Threw self on floor in despair when saw impossible new teaching scheme handed out by new dept head.
- Contemplated resignation
- Found chocolate
- Ate it
- Sundry meals cooked, washing done, beds changed etc etc
There you have it. I lead a truely exciting life. It is still raining, and the heating is still on. And I have to go to work in the morning. Sigh.