Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Yet more bits and pieces.....

Well. The past few days can be summed up by saying that it has not been fun. But enough of that.

It is a grey day here, and a sweet young friend gave birth to a 9lb 4oz baby girl this morning after 2 days of labour, followed by a Caesarian. Thank God for modern medicine. This is Margaret (the garden fairy) and Derek's new granddaughter I am talking about, and I have been checking my phone on the hour every hour for news. Sleep has been somewhat illusive, you see. What a great cause for celebration!

I have friends from South Africa about to come and visit this morning, so that is a wonderful distraction too. I haven't seen them for years, so we will have a lot of catching up to do.

This is a post of random bits, because, to be honest, I cannot concentrate on a thing. The focus is gone right now. It has been gone for a couple of days. All I have actually achieved is a little quilting, and a loaf of that Nutty Wheat bread baked (and forgotten in the oven for 15 extra minutes, which says it all) and that is it.

Ah well...... things can only get better!

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Yes, and they will! God is so faithful to provide good with the bad, isn't he?

Don't be so hard on yourself as far as the forgetfulness and lack of focus - I do dumb stuff and I don't have pain! I blame age, but don't know if that's legitimate.

Kristen just called to say the blood they drew a week ago on an entirely different issue - a week ago! - showed that she has SWINE FLU. Great. A week ago - and she's been living life as if there's nothing wrong. With 4 little kids in her house. And me taking care of them. She doesn't have bad symptoms - yet - but who knows what's to come. Pray for us, please, as I pray for you! Have a great day of visiting.

Needled Mom said...

The arrival of a new baby is always a great day. Yes, thank goodness for modern medicine.

Enjoy your visitors. I know there will be much chatting to catch up on lost time.

Linda said...

It will be nice to spend time with friends Linds. Perhaps it is just what you need right now.

Dawn said...

Nicholas Sparks has written at least 15 books that I have just really enjoyed - definitely check them out!

Olson Family said...

Enjoy your visitors and I pray you that some rest comes.

Carole Burant said...

I've never had acupuncture and don't think I ever want to! lol Hopefully it will start working for you...just hate the thought of you in pain though:-(

Congratulations to your friends on the birth of their little girl...a new baby is a joyful occasion indeed:-)

Hope you had a fun visit with your friends from South Africa! xoxo

Midlife Mom said...

I am so sorry that the acupunture hurt!!!!!! I really didn't have that experience but I don't remember them 'turning' the needle, maybe that is the difference! I do hope it helps you get rid of some of the pain that you are fighting!

Enjoy your friends visit, hopefully it will help take your mind off that darned ole' pain!!!!!My heart goes out to you, pain like that is very wearing on a person.

Pam said...

Hope the mind returns to you soon...

Mary said...

Thank you so much for your words of support. It means a lot to me. I do hope you have a better week.