Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A few words for Wednesday....

One of my friends had never been to Ikea or Costco. You know where this is going, don't you.... Today she arrived at an early hour, and I helpfully introduced her to both. I think I broke my own record at Costco, and only bought olive oil for another friend as requested and some Brie. I love Brie. Ikea was just as frugal, and we now stand no chance of running out of tealights. Oh, the relief. I did come dangerously close to buying a small table and chairs on offer though. It was just as well Tessa filled the car with her purchases!

When we arrived home, I keeled over on to the couch and have been there ever since. And that has been my day. Gone are the times when I could shop for hours. Just lead me to the nearest chair and a supply of coffee.

But it was fun. And there was coffee involved after all. As for the rest of the day....well, I think it will consist of a quiet evening watching tv and quilting. Or maybe reading. Or napping. Or a combination of all the above.

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

How could anyone live without being to Costco???? I must admit that I have never been to Ikea as there isn't one close to us.

Linda said...

I am ashamed to admit I've never shopped in Costco either. Oh dear...

I cannot shop for hours on end any longer either Linds, and I don't have the difficulties you do. For me, I'm afraid, it's just old age!

The couch and quilting sound perfect.

Crystal said...

I'm chuckling with the picture of you keeling over onto the couch :)) It's fun to introduce a friend to new shopping experiences - and to tag along. Good for you sticking to one item only. I was at Costco getting some photo enlargements the other day and bought just one thing too (National Geographic DVDs for DS for Christmas). There were temptations, I tell you, but I stayed the course! Have a lovely evening - it's -12 C but the wind is blowing the snow over the roof so I know it's cold out there. Back to my sewing machine :))

Dawn said...

We don't have Costco or Ikea, but Sam's does the trick - I always spend much more than I mean to. Yesterday was a case in point. But I conquered quite a bit of Santa duty in one fell swoop. I don't enjoy shopping at all. AT. ALL. But I do enjoy finding a good bargain.

So glad you won't run out of tea lights for awhile. I wish I could find the size of candles that makes my carousel thingie go around (sorry I can't remember what it's called!)

Relax, take it easy - well, of course, it's bedtime over there by now.

Kit said...

I like Ikea furniture but don't like Ikea. Too big with no escape. My mother-in-law sent us on a "quick trip" for tea lights one time when we were coming over because somehow, if you live in the same county as an Ikea, then you are close. It's already over an hour drive to get to their house, and it takes at least an hour to go through that store...i'm so glad for the cafe in the center. I wasn't pleased to find we had only made it to the middle though.

That was my only time in Ikea as an adult. I have vague memories of playing in a kidsroom at Ikea and of eating samples at Costco one time.

We're a frugal family of two so neither is a store relevant to our needs. It's all about Walmart.