Thursday, January 07, 2010

Woohoo!!!!

I hope you are impressed. I have made a wrist warmer. Complete with bobble edging......
See? BOBBLE EDGING!!! Granted, I have only made one. So far. The other one is a work in progress. I made it long, because the wonderful glove thingys I bought have one failing and that is that they are not long enough, so this is perfect.

Sigh. I have actually made something other than a square or a rectangle. I am so excited, I had to show you all. The tension is quite loose, but that makes it easier for me to see the pattern and any mistakes. Oh yes - this was my first attempt at changing colour too.
Excuse me, as it is still Arctic weather here and I have hot coffee, I am heading back to the couch and my stripey crochet masterpiece. I need to cover both hands and get them warm asap. I am on a roll, people.....

6 comments:

someone else said...

I love it! I knew you'd conquer the skill.

Linda said...

Oh Linds - good for you!! I love to knit but find crocheting a bit harder for me. Granny squares is about my limit. You've done a wonderful job - and so useful right now too!

Dawn said...

Fabulous! I am very impressed - it looks so warm and cozy and practical.

Needled Mom said...

YEAH!!!!! Looking good!

Crystal said...

I love it!!! You are one amazing woman - just a few days and you master a new skill. Wow!!! I can see you with an Etsy shop in a few months - warming the world, one hand at a time :))

Mary said...

yep - love it!

By the way I finished that orange monster of a quilt this week.