I am in a thankful mood.
Yesterday, my youngest son had to defend his expert witness testimony in a court for his law module. A pretend court, but he was cross-questioned by a real barrister, who I suspect, eats students for breakfast. The good news is that David survived. The great news is that it appears to have gone very well indeed. You have NO idea how relieved I am. I cannot believe that the child - well, man - he is 22 this Sunday - will be graduating this summer. It was just yesterday he was a power ranger. Or so it seems. Sigh.
So back to being thankful.
- David's court thingy went very well
- The washing is dry
- A friend has offered to paint the room I want to turn into my study
- Coffee out and a great chat with another friend this morning
- Lamb stew bubbling away
- Crocheted flowers in a pile next to my couch
- Finishing a totally forgettable book. It took forever. But I hate giving up.
- Discovering that a "weed" is actually a daisy
- The excitement of discovering that the lovely gentle movie I watched yesterday afternoon has been made into a whole TV series too
- Skyping with Missy this afternoon, and hearing her new words.
Now, if Blogger would actually post this with paragraphs without me having to resort to fiddling with the html, that would be just peachy.