Thursday, May 04, 2006

Back home


Walking the dogs with Mum along the river that flooded so badly last summer.


The setting sun through mist.

Well, after getting all sorted to fly home at the crack of dawn yesterday, I checked the flights, and discovered I was on the late night flight. My mistake will take a long time to live down. My family thought it was hysterical. I had a bonus day in Switzerland which was spent acquiring Marge's new computer and setting it up, moving all their old floor boards into a skip, and then making the trip back to Basel and home. Then I got a text to say there was a tsunami heading for New Zealand while I was on the train. With a daughter living there, and friends with home on the shoreline, this was not a comforting thought at all. Thankfully it did not happen.
I always hate leaving Switzerland, and yesterday was a beautiful day. Oh well, I will be back.

No comments: