Tuesday, May 09, 2006

More quilts


I have mentioned that I love making quilts. I have a friend coming this morning to see some of them, so here are a few more for you to see as well.





I don't follow many rules when I make them.......... I tend to do what I want to do, and make it work, if you see what I mean. I suppose I am a maverick quilter. The crossword idea came on a train trip, and by the time I had got to where I wanted to be, I had done about 25 on paper. Thank heavens for little square paper notebooks!





The family tree ones are from ideas linked with my interest in tracing ancestors, and the mixed media is to represent the people in the family. The little bags ususally hold miniature books, papers or photos.

I love sewing, and I also love working with beads and buttons and in the footsteps quilt, I have used the beads as the ripples of the water. The buttons on that one are actually made of shell.

There have been many more that I have made and given away. They are all special to me, and, I hope, to the people who have received them. I always have so many in my mind, clamouring to get out and become reality. So many ideas, and just 2 hands to make them.

The use of photos as you have seen in the other quilt post, is just wonderful. I made the big one for my 50th birthday, and in the centre of all my friends, I have embroidered "my life is like a patchwork quilt of people who matter to me". That says it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lindsay. I had just discovered the blogger website and was browsing diverse blogs when I discovered your precious quilts. They are gorgeous! Making quilts and sharing them with your cherished ones is a beautiful way to expand love all around. May God bless your work.

Cheers,

Victoria

Linds said...

Thank you Victoria. It is really great to hear good things! I have lost count of how many I have made, but will try and get more photos on the blog soon.