1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
What I was doing 10 years ago:
I can't be absolutely certain, but I think I was in South Africa arranging to sell my parents home. And trying to sort out their affairs. They had come to visit us for a holiday just after Dad was diagnosed with Diffuse Lewey body disease, and the travelling worsened his condition so dramatically that he was not allowed to fly again, so they stayed with me. Or I might have started the extension to our home to accomodate us all. It all happened at once. I do know that it is nearly 10 years since we had to put Dad in respite care, and he never came home again. He stayed for a year, and then was moved to a nursing home. It was a time of tumultuous change around here.
5 things on my to do list today:
- Buy milk
- Plan lessons
- Rest (I have not mentioned that I have torn or inflamed the muscles in my chest wall, have I....It hurts. But I am alive. And am supposed to REST.)
Snacks I enjoy:
- Kettle fried crisps and dip
- Cheese and crackers
- Sesame flatbread
- Taramasalata with crisps
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Make sure my children were secure financially
- Help family and friends
- Pay all debts and travel more
- Sponsor more children
- Have the BEST time getting rid of most of it! I don't want or need a great deal, but I would love to buy a lifeboat, or help Air ambulance charities, Hospices, Compassion, Children's charities, Heart foundation, Alzheimers Society. The list goes on and on.....
5 of my bad habits:
- Spending too much time on the couch
- Not keeping up with friends enough
- Putting things off till "tomorrow"
- Drinking too much coffee
- Falling asleep in the bath and drowning every book I read.
5 places I have lived:
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Plymouth, UK for a year when I first got married
- Back to Cape Town and in a flat for 18 months
- Then in a house in Cape Town, not far from my parents
- Here in middle England, where I live now.
5 Jobs I have had:
- Babysitter for children through holidays
- Reader's Digest clerk (student work)
- Exam invigilator
- Managed a doll's house shop
- Oriental rug shop
And I am breaking the rules here and saying I am tagging anyone who wants to do this one! So let me know if you decide to do it, and I will be delighted to come and check out your bad habits and all the rest. And now I am off to REST. I do not like resting and this is most inconvenient. Mutter mutter....