Saturday, August 21, 2010

A beautiful summer day.....

Such a beautiful day!
I did indeed have a lazy start to the day, and after checking the restaurant, and going to the supermarket with Mum, I joined Marge in the garden. More drilling to get that old sunshade post out of the stand, while David and Mum painted railings, and Marge cut edges, repotted, deadheaded and generally slaved in her garden. She loves her garden and pottering about in it.

David went for a walk, and then I joined in the railing painting for a bit, and then cleaned out the bbq.
What better way to end a day in the sun in the garden......

Bratwurst cooking. Delicious.......


Watching the paragliders circling in the sky....
Listening to the chatter of people walking by....
Hearing the train whistle as it arrived and departed....
Birds played on the freshly cut lawn.....
A tractor worked on the grass in the field next door....
Flags fluttered in the breeze, which sent wisps of clouds drifting across the deep blue skies....
And the sound of the river always there in the background.....
The smell of cooking meat on the bbq....
Fresh salad from the garden.....
Watching my son chatting to his aunt....
Bells tolling at the monastery, echoing round the valley....
The dogs lying on the grass....
Beautiful flowers all around.....

Perfect.

And now I need a snooze.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Perfect is for sure! I can smell the brats from over here! Oh, wait, that was from the company picnic we went to this afternoon!

Hope you got your snooze!

Needled Mom said...

That does look perfect. I love all of the gorgeous flowers and can almost smell the fresh air of the mountains.

Those brats look yummy!!!

Crystal said...

The flowers everywhere just make this part of the world so, so beautiful!! I loved Austria for that very reason and I can see that I would love Switzerland too. I love hearing about the things you do together as a family. Thanks for posting and sharing your summer with me, Linds.

P.S. Good to hear the car is fixed - and good luck with the visit to the previous mechanic :)