Sunday, December 09, 2012

The tree is finally finished.......

The tree, my friends, is finally done. I am beginning to realise to joys of pre-lit, fold up trees. And this one has no star on the top, because I have zero intentions of repeating last year's catastrophe, with me clinging to the top of it as we crashed to the floor. We can  imagine the star. That works for me.

And yes, Diana, there are bows. We needed to balance the colour, aka Granny wanted more red in places. You will adapt.

I also managed to find the larger objects, like expanding-to-5ft-snowmen. They are now standing in the lounge and I am quite sure Missy will either love them, or be terrified of them. So we are sufficiently festive at the Casa de la Rocking Chair.

Now I have to move on to the delights of finding a light to fix to the wall, and fixing it, hammering some hooks in to the one remaining blank wall in this house, and then moving things about so we are ready for the invasion. And I must either sort out the oven or do something. Ditto the freezer idea. Something. Anything. I will make a plan.

Marge tells me that they have so much snow in Engelberg. It did not stop all last week. Next weekend is the ski jumping, so they are at least sure to have enough snow for that to be spectacular. She has been making the most gorgeous snowmen out of white tree baubles. We saw some in a shop and she copied the idea at home for a fraction of the price. That is the fun when going shopping. It is for the ideas more than anything.

So..............

My day has consisted of church, my friends' dogs, butternut soup, which I made yesterday - love it - trees, baubles, ladders, searching for the little hooks for the ornaments, packing away washing and tidying things away. And little twinkly lights. An average December day. I have yet to get round to cleaning the rugs but seriously, who cares apart from me. And this is my family returning to the roost, not visiting royalty, although they would be very welcome should they be passing.

I must make a list of all the things my children can do for me, like sort out the computer and printer, and a million other things. I want to wrap parcels and listen to the Christmas music I found yesterday - EUREKA! At least something was where it was supposed to be.

Red and gold. My house is predominantly red and gold. Or red and white. Red. Just think red.

I keep remembering things I have to do, like string snowflakes. And then I get up to go and do it, and forget what I meant to do by the time I reach my sewing room, then find something else I meant to do and we end up like this, with a list I am writing at the same time as chatting to you. I have to say, being in Switzerland was a lot simpler, because I just posted photos. I must remember to change the camera.....on to the list it goes..............

See? My brain is all over the place. Nothing new there. Maybe sleep would help. I need to think clearly tomorrow. And tomorrow I will get round to sorting the template too. I just added that to the list, and the posting photos bit I am about to say as well. Time for bed. I hope you are all having a wonderfully peaceful and stress-free day!

Christmas cards... I need to do the cards. Post the cards. Make the shopping list. Wash the bed linen.......

2 comments:

Stripeyspots said...

Rock on! (I wanted to type that ever since I read the line Casa De La Rocking Chair. Not very original, me!)

Pam said...

That sounds like progress. Well done! We're doing non-festive but useful things. Next week we'll be festive, possibly.