- 2 pairs of size 14 trainers for my son. (He is 6ft 4" after all!) A mega achievement. Size 14 is not easy to find. Sigh of relief.
- Suitcase (wheelie type) so I can actually think about packing. You know. So I might actually have some clothes to wear on holiday.
- Cleaned house. Vacuumed everywhere. Then had visit from the babes and their parents, and Margaret. Start cleaning from the beginning again, after Dorito crisps were consumed by said babes who move like greased lightning. While eating. Who cares. I adore them all. And I ordered son (recipient of 2 new pairs of shoes) to do vacuuming.
- Transferred data from old mobile phone to new one. It has taken hours. I am sure there is a quick, techno way. I do not know it. I even read the manual. All I care about is that the numbers are where they should be. Is it my imagination, or are those buttons getting smaller each year? Or is it the arthritic creaking fingers I seem to have developed?
- Cooked supper
- Visited Louise and Peter with son. (The one with the 2 new pairs of size 14 trainers.) Ate carrot cake.
- Posted mail. Visit to Post Office coincided with cloudburst, so instructed son (the one with 2 new pairs of shoes) to do the necessary. He got a little damp. I was absolutely horrified when he told me he had never been to the Post Office to buy stamps in his life. But then, his generation does not seem to use the post at all, do they? It is all on-line everything. I did inform him that he made many trips to the PO as a child. They could not have been particularly memorable.
- Copied all data from computer to portable hard drive. I felt the need. So I can take it with me on holiday.
Weather: torrential rain whenever I opened the door. It stopped when I came home. Maximum temperature today, in the middle of summer 13 degrees C.