Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy son

He is holding those boxes with one finger. I am saying nothing. If he had dropped them, you would have heard me in the USA.


But.... LOOK!!!!!! It is on (well, it was actually shutting down to restart at the time) and it works and here I am! Windows Vista is taking some getting used to, especially the photo downloading stuff, but I am getting there. The only reason I am on the computer at all is because my son is out babysitting tonight. I have not transferred all my stuff yet, and my oldest son has just told me to install Office etc now. But I want to play. So I will. I am the mother here.

I have the side bar showing my photos which is lovely, and the world times up and news box too. And the icons are nice and large so I can actually see stuff.

Wondeful! I am having fun!!

10 comments:

Chris said...

That's it, Linds! Throw that "I'm the MOTHER here!" weight around. We need to teach these young whippersnappers who's REALLY in charge.

That is, after they set the time on the DVD player and program the phone numbers into the cell phone, and teach us how to run the new digital oven....

Getting older is hard sometimes, but we're STILL THE BOSS! :0)

someone else said...

It's like Christmas in October!! Whoooopeeee!

Carole Burant said...

Oooooh what fun!! I remember when my computer was new...like 6 years ago...how excited I was trying out all the new things:-) What you have to do now is make sure your son is always busy doing something else so that you have the computer at all times! hehe xoxo

Susan said...

Love the picture of your son and one finger. BOYS!!!! So happy for both of you.
Susan

Donnetta said...

WHOO HOO.... what a beauty!! ENJOY!

Gran said...

What a wondeful welcome to any day... a new computer!

I wanted to let you know that I have given you an award...stop by for the button and details.
http://thelifeandtimesofgran.blogspot.com/2007/10/one-sweet-treat-to-read.html

Have a wonderful weekend filled with lots of love and laughter!
Angela

Dawn said...

YAY for new computers and techies who knows what to do with them! You'll ahve to come over and read about my new toy. I will be learning Vista as well. Can we commiserate?? I hope it's not too much trouble, because I'm on a learning curve with just about everything at work these days. Tiresome!

Can you remember when we weren't so dependant upon technology??

Susie said...

A fun new "toy" (although it seems almost a necessity these days doesn't it?)
xo

Angie said...

Wahoo! For a new computer!!! I am so happy for you and I know you are relieved to have it.

Barbara said...

I know how excited you are about this. And you have got Vista which I have not even seen yet.
Happy computing