Saturday, October 06, 2007

Lazy days

It was worth getting up a little earlier to see this sunrise yesterday. I cannot tell you how huge the sun was.... it was like a huge ball of fire in the sky, and absolutely beautiful. And can you see the mist over the river in the valley?
I have been walking around the fields, and as you can see, the hedgerows are high and it all looks very English at the moment!
The leaves are just starting to fall and there is not a great deal of colour. It is all very green and pastoral.
And the farmers are ploughing the fields, so it is autumn. The harvest is in and now they are preparing for the winter, and the new season next spring.
I have not done a great deal in the past 2 days. I am relaxing and enjoying the break, and taking time to try to read some of the piles of books I have waiting to be read. And I watched the rugby of course. England BEAT Australia! Against all the odds. I admit, though, that I watched the last 10 minutes from behind the chair, with my hands over my ears. The score was 12-10. And so we are in the semi-finals, and Australia is OUT. I have no idea how that happened, but it is good. Bring on the Kiwis or France next weekend! Oops... I will be in Switzerland....not known for its delight in rugby. Oh well.. I am sure I will be sent the result. That is what phones are for. Of course.

6 comments:

Carole Burant said...

I'm glad you were up early to take that picture of the sunrise to be able to share it with us...it truly is breathtaking! I so love all the other pictures as well, you do have such amazing countryside over there. Glad you're relaxing, you deserve it!! xox

Susan said...

Lovely photos!
Susan

Pam said...

Beautiful pictures, and so lovely to have a few lazy days to enjoy the season.

Julie said...

Wow, that is a beautiful picture of the sunrise. I hope you enjoyed your day.

Chris said...

Wow...

What a BEAUTIFUL sight!

How blessed you are to live that close to such wonder, my friend. My eyes are green for more than one reason right now! :0)

Angie said...

Linds, what beautiful pictures. I would get on a plane and fly to England right now if I could.

I watched a cool show on BBC Prime a few months ago about how people care for the hedgerows. It was fascinating.

I cannot tell you how those pictures make me want to be there. That sunrise was amazing.

I'm glad you've taken a couple of days to do nothing and relax....even if the rugby was a bit stressful! :-)