Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good and mediocre...

The great and the mediocre come together here today. The great part is that I WENT OUT! And I actually managed to fold my leg into a cinema seat. And I saw Mama Mia, the movie. If you haven't been, go. Go now! It is the ultimate feelgood movie of the summer, and I laughed till I cried. Meryl Streep is something else, and people, the lady is 59....... 59! There is hope still. I am obviously going to blossom in the next 5 years and go to Greece, and dance on a wall and a table. And sing like a dream and look amazing. And Julie Walters was so funny....

I am a little over the top here, but I went out. OUT. I loved it. And do you know what? Every single person in the movie theatre left laughing and smiling, and yes, there were men there too. Hello world. I am back. Robocop is alive.

The mediocre is that my consultant's secretary is away till the 26th August, the first appointment I can get is on the 27th, which makes me think the consultant is away too. It would have been good if he had mentioned this before my friends paid a small fortune for the rapid MRI - and I will be less than happy if the free one appears before he returns.

So while I have had it done, I know nothing. And treatment can't begin till after the 27th, which is 5 days before I am due back at work at the start of term on the 1st Sept. The same day David may be starting uni.

Back to the good - I am about to go off and have a manicure. The bride from the wedding a month or so ago, is treating me, her Mum and another friend, who helped with the dresses, to a visit to the salon in the village. There will be much laughter and lots of coffee involved.

I will be back!

12 comments:

Vee said...

Okay, I'll believe your recommendation about Mama Mia. Here's to blossoming any time!

Have a fun gals' day out!

Joyful Days said...

Really just frustrated for you about all the delays.

I have heard nothing but good about this movie. Have to see it now. Maybe I will hit my stride & look like Meryl Streep when I am 59. It could happen!

Chris said...

Almost called again this weekend just to vent a while, knowing there'd be an ear. Lucky for you it was late there! :)

Do enjoy the manicure and coffee, and why not throw in a pedicure as well since you're already there? They always make me feel better. Hmmmm...how many pedicures can one have in a week?

Susie said...

Bill and I saw Mama Mia during my break from blogging. We absolutely loved it and people here left laughing and smiling (singing too!)
It's wonderful how just getting out of the house a bit can left one's spirits!
xo

Barb said...

I'm dying to see that movie, Linds. I just read an article about Meryl in Good Housekeeping today. I had no idea she originally started out to be a singer and kind of accidentally got into acting.

That stinks, that your friends came up with the $$ for the MRI and your results and treatment may still be delayed.

I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with medical care all over the world any more. Good grief!

Linda said...

How fun Linds!! I'm so glad you had a good time. That mri business is just maddening. However, a manicure sounds like a good alternative right now! Enjoy!

Susan said...

Glad you are enjoying life, Linds. I haven't had time to be around much. I use to think when you got older and retired you had all this time.....wrong!!! But we are enjoying life and that is what counts. Take care.
Susan

Midlife Mom said...

I want to see that movie! I like movies that I come out the door feeling happy and smiling. Hate movies that are depressing, there's enough of the real stuff in the world, don't have to pay to see it! Sorry about your MRI. I agree with Barb, healthcare is the pits everywhere. Enjoy that manicure! I love my pedicures but working in the barn with the horses kills my nails so I don't have a mani very often. I'm trying to grow them out right now and putting green tea on them to see if that will make them stronger.
Those tomoatoes look sooooooooo good! Mine are still all green, even the tiny ones, but soon I will be feasting like you! :o)

Crystal said...

We almost went to see that movie while we were away on holidays but we ran out of time. I may just have to take a friend and go next week - great plan, I think!! I hope you had a marvelous time at the salon - what a great treat for you all to share. And too bad about the consultant - what alot of craziness you have had to deal with concerning this injury. Do you think you will be able to go back to school? I'm worried that you will re-injure the knee.

Dawn said...

I'm so glad you were able to get out and have some fun. And more to come.

Thankfully you have something to compensate a bit for the pathetic ineptitude of the medical system.

Janine said...

I'm glad you went out. I, too, enjoyed this movie and left with a smile.
I, too, miss my husband more than I can say, but am doing my best to carry on each day and move forward.
Thank you for sharing.
Janine

Anonymous said...

I was coerced into seeing the play Mamma Mia live, which ended up being great... as for the movie version, sounds fun, though it's awkward to think of ol' Pierce trying to sing, yeeesh