So on to Hobbycraft. Their beads were half price because they were being discontinued. Well. I may need thousands of beads. You never know. It was my duty to aid the economy, I feel. If there is ever a global shortage of beads, you know where to come. I have this grand idea of adding beads to the edging of the prayer shawl, you see. However, I have NO idea how you crochet in beads. YouTube. I need to check YouTube. What on earth did we do before the advent of YouTube?
(In case you are confused, yes, I knitted the shawl, but I am crocheting an edge.) (If it doesn't work, I will make another plan.)
We are officially in the middle of a drought. It was on the news this morning. 5 counties so far, and more almost there. According to the weather forecast, it is supposed to rain on and off all day. Well, let me tell you that the skies may be grey, and the wind may be cold, but there is zero precipitation. And I can't believe I am saying this, but I wish it would just rain. Soak the garden, and fill my water butts. I am obsessing about those water butts. I need another one. I am eternally grateful that David is home and can carry the buckets of water down stairs from the bath every day. The more the garden grows, the more water it needs. Mind you, it wouldn't grow if I didn't water so much, would it? Hmmm. Maybe I can put it on a water diet. Slowly.
I think not. I love my garden. But you have heard that a time or twenty.
What else can I tell you......
- Petrol prices are soaring again, and apparently could reach £2.00 a litre by the end of the year. I need to find a donkey or something. And a cart.
- Gas and electricity prices are soaring. I need to make more quilts, and buy a supply of coal for the BBQ or start chopping up furniture.
- Food prices are soaring because of the petrol, gas and electricity prices soaring. And the drought. And because profit is the name of the game. I need to stop eating.
- We have a strawberry glut at the allotment. I can live on strawberries.
- And lettuce.
- I have Amazon gift vouchers and I cannot bring myself to spend them. It is such a wonderful feeling knowing that I COULD buy things!
- I finished that book. I still think I need to have a chat with the author.
- My house is in chaos, but I really don't mind right now. As long as the lounge is clear and the guest loo is tidy, it is all fine.
- I am scraping the barrel here.
I am now going to work out how to watch catch up TV. On my son's old laptop. On the couch. With coffee. And my crochet hook and a tray of beads. I WILL learn how to crochet in beads. I WILL.