Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Good things and bad things........

Here you go then......

 The blanket with the two cushions which decided the colours for the lounge this summer. It is a thick blanket. A warm blanket. Summer may turn very chilly after all.....
 And this is the quilt my South African friends made me when we left 21 years ago. So very special. It is huge. I had to lay it on the drive to take the photo and then I had to wash it and now it is draped over half the garden in the hope of some sun.
 A new lily in the garden.

I have just had a call to tell me that there has been a landslide in Switzerland, and Engelberg is cut off at the moment. The road and train line are buried under a few feet of debris. Not good. But at least it cannot be as catastrophic as it was when the road and rail connections toppled off the side of the mountain a few years ago. That was appalling. Remember when Marge's home was flooded? Well, apparently they have had torrential rain. Of Biblical proportions. (It must have been the aftermath of that storm over centre court yesterday - that was really frightening for the players, and the spectators too, I suspect.) They have been very wary about the level of the river. They do not need another flood. Prayers would be good.




I will be back later. I need to go and pace.

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I will definitely be keeping them in my prayers. Waiting for the waters to rise has to be very worrisome.

Your blanket looks wonderful. You did a wonderful job on it and I am sure it will come in handy on cooler days.

That quilt is fabulous!!! I am so glad you have shared it with us. I am sure you have many fond memories when you look at it.

someone else said...

So sorry about the mess in Engelberg.

Your colorful flowers remind me of the beauty we saw at Giverny when we were in France.

Debbie said...

The quilt is beautiful!! Will be praying for those in Engelberg.

Vee said...

Weather craziness continues all over, doesn't it?

Love the blanket with the subtle color scheme...very elegant.