I was going to say "Morning, All" but a glance at the clock tells me that it is no longer morning. Someone clearly set the clocks on fast forward. My achievements of the day involve a lovely coffee outing with friends. That is it, so far. And to make life more interesting, my friends have been told about RCR by their son, so could possibly be trawling through it as I speak. You never know.( Hello, J and L!)(Insert wave.)
Before I forget, for those of you who have Kindles or Nooks and who are on Facebook, pop over and "like" Pixel of Ink. This is a page which updates throughout the day, listing all special offers and, more to the point, FREE eBooks as they come up. Free books are generally only available for a short time, so it is worth downloading them as soon as you are notified of the offers. You can subscribe to a daily email too. And if, like me, you haven't got one of the eReaders yet, just download Kindle for PC and you can start building a library of your own on your computer. UK readers, just be aware that not all the books are on offer at Amazon.co.uk, but it is worth checking, because more often than not, they are. I have downloaded so many over the past few weeks!
I like free stuff.
I LOVE free stuff!
Now I have a question or
- How many people are in your group?
- Do you all go to the same church?
- Is there a maximum number?
- Do you welcome new members?
- Women only or mixed?
- All the same age group or mixed?
- Is there an appointed leader?
- Do you have a fixed pattern for your time together, or do you let life dictate how the meeting goes?
- How often do you meet?
- Does your church set the study/discussion material, or do you choose together?
- Do all groups study/discuss the same thing at the same time?
- Where do you meet?
- How do you support each other between meetings?
- Could you share personal issues within your group?
- If not, why not?
- What time of the day do you meet?
- For how long?
- How do you resolve childcare issues?
- How important is your group to you?
- And finally, is there anything you would like to add about what works for your group or what definitely does not work??
Feel free to add any other bits! If you would prefer, you can email me, instead of commenting here, at firstname.lastname@example.org and if you feel able to, please ask any of your friends who may be in groups if they would mind answering the questions too, perhaps as a group?
This is what happens when you are so full of ideas and your mouth runs away with you and you find your mind has decided to run down roads previously obscured by heavy foliage. And when you really want to know what works for other people, how and why. And when you have to have FACTS, people to back up ideas. I need facts. Now. Yesterday. HELP??!