- It is my daughter-in-law's birthday today
- In fact 2 of my friends also have birthdays today - Simon and Martyn. One in the village and one in Scotland. Happy Birthday to you all!
- David has heard that he has a confirmed place at university in September to do a Master's in Forensic Osteology! Yay, David!!!!!! I am so thrilled it is sorted and you know you will be going to Bournemouth soon.
- The sun is shining
- The washing is out there drying
- The camellia has started flowering and soon it will be covered with blooms, but here are some photos of it now
- I have planted the potatoes
- I have filled 5 pots with fresh soil
- I have started hacking back a choisya bush I want out of the garden
- The phone bill which arrived today was less than I feared and it is already paid because I hate bills!
- I have received my new blue (disability) parking badge with no fuss or bother
- I also got a huge parcel from New Zealand, from my friend, Linds - photos of her daughter's wedding, a transcript of the service, menus the lot. I cannot tell you how I loved reading it all and seeing everything. I wish I had been there too. But I sat under the apple tree and savoured the whole thing. Lovely.
- I have coffee.
So, after doing a new aqua class this morning, which was not quite what I expected - there was no teacher, so an aerobics instructor came and attempted it, but she had never done aquarobics before, so it was a bit of a disaster, I came home to flop. At least I did some exercise in water and that was good. Then I opened the doors to the garden and I have been out there all afternoon, although there has also been a great deal of sitting under the apple tree as well. Pacing, you see, I am doing it. well, actually, I have no choice. But still, the grin is still in place and the fresh air lifts the spirit, doesn't it? I think the weekend is set to be beautiful so I foresee more time out there.
Not only am I happy today, but I am also immensely thankful for everything up there on the list. Every single thing - they are in my gratitude journal and there are so many more things I could add as well. All the small things add up to a very blessed life, you know. And I am so thankful.