Monday, March 12, 2012

The whirlwind touched down for a few short days......

Life picked up a bit of speed around here this weekend, and there was a little more noise and a whole lot of fun to be had. The whirlwind, aka Missy, arrived, and all the toys came out, and there was much playing and building and pushing of prams with dollies in, not to mention much re-investigating of every nook and cranny. 

 The door of my bedroom flew open each morning with a "Moregranny, I ate my breakfast / can't find my teddy / what are you doing / can I have some make-up / I got make-up but I lost it at my house / can I jump on your bed, Moregranny? I am a good jumper / can I have your necklace........"
 There were babybel wrappers, chocolate coin wrappers and big cheesy grins. Peppa Pig yogurt and Peppa Pig tumblers. Pink slippers, pink trainers and pink(ish) welly boots.......
 Plaits, and blonde curls, and ladybird hunting. Watching the crawling round the patio in the sun hunting insects....... visits to a country park with a wonderful playground......
Visits from friends, and to see other friends who also have a little girl and who have miniature goats! Oh the excitement! And a trampoline! And a slide! And fun!

I am in need of a nap. Oh, how lovely it has been to have them all here. The weather co-operated, and yesterday was a beautiful cloudless warm day, and the doors were open and we were out in the garden. All the "vintage" toys - from my children's toddlerhood - (I am a BIG GIRL, Moregranny!!) came out - the Care Bears, the ponies and the little people and she loved them all. The little people are a huge favourite. And the last newish dolly in residence had to have a hastily crocheted new dress and hat. Let me re-phrase that - hastily invented new dress and hat. I just grabbed a ball of variegated cotton and a crochet hook, started and invented them as we went along at speed.

The little one was happy. Dolly departed with Missy because she wanted her to go to her house. Of course. Together with the magic bottle of juice. Oh well. We can find another dolly. Unfortunately her dad forgot his coat here. The one he needs for work. Tomorrow. Oops.

And today we went out to lunch at the garden centre, and Missy was an absolute delight. She really has got beautiful manners, and  "please" and "thank you" are second nature to her. I was so proud of her. The dolly enjoyed gracing the centre of the table too.

So. Here we are. Quiet house. Toys out of sight. No more CBBC. No more "MOREGRANNY are you alwight in the bathroom? Be careful Moregranny, don't fall in the toilet. MOREGRANNY??? Are you alwight in there? Come out, Moregranny!"

Ah, I miss them all already. Especially one little one with the BIG voice...........

6 comments:

Linda said...

It is the loveliest sort of tired ever! This was so joyful Linds.

Vee said...

In other words, just the perfect sort of weekend. My Missy's hair is lovely and long. She's growing up so fast. What will happen about the coat?

Stripeyspots said...

She sounds so adorable. Little girls, sugar and spice.

MotherT said...

Linds, I understand the tired! I loved the way you blogged her words and activity. It sounds like a wonderful weekend was had by all.

Kelli said...

Love it and so happy that Missy came days of forms and deadlines and yuck and all.

Soon you must tuck her into that mysterious black floral bag that arrived and fly you both here for a stay. Think of the fun she would have with my "chair/that rolls/and moves/and takes Dolly for a ride/and Missy for a ride/ and can Moregranny have a turn"?

Wouldn't it be loverly!

Luanne said...

My how she has grown. It seems like only yesterday you posted about her birth. Enjoy.