Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The little lady of the moment...

Introducing my little granddaughter. I have to tell you she is stunning. Gorgeous. Beautiful. Not that I am at all biased. Of course not. I am a Granny now, so I can say what I want to say.She is perfect.

And is starting to look around. This one and the first one were taken today, after her bath and just before I left to come home this afternoon. You have no idea how hard it was to leave. But I have that IVG thing again tomorrow to look forward to, and physio. Sigh. I needed to give her a long cuddle before I, very reluctantly, handed her back.

But here, my friends, is the moment I first got to hold her. She was yelling at the time. This is SO special. This is the moment Granny fell totally absolutely in love.

And here are the 3 grandparents just after she was born. Instant adoration. Isn't it amazing how one little bundle who weighs under 7lbs can command such love?
I got there half an hour after she was born, but before anyone was allowed in to see her and her very proud parents. Thank heavens for clear roads. My son got there for the last hour or so of labour, and Granny2B2 was there to support her daughter all the way through the labour. She was a star. And so was Ann. In fact, the only thing I can think of is the joy. The laughter, smiles and happiness.
And Isabelle you are the winner of the "Guess when" contest! You guessed the right day, and the closest time, 8.18pm, and the exact weight! So email me your address, and your mystery gift will be on its way!
You know, this has been such a mad, happy, totally out of the ordinary experience, my friends. I am loving every minute of it and can't wait to be back with them all. But I have some leg stuff to sort tomorrow. What a contrast. My mind is all over the place and I am struggling to think coherently. She is here.
And there is much rejoicing all over the world.

24 comments:

Vee said...

I've never seen three more smitten grandparents. Such a sweet photo of you and the grandgirlie that I'm snagging it even if it is against every rule in the book. Sue me! I must have that one.

She is absolutely beautiful, too, Linds. What a marvelous full head of hair and quite obviously she has a beautiful singing voice, too.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Oh Linds,

Welcome to the Deeper In Love Club. I see the pure joy all over your beautiful granny face and I love it. You won't come down off of this "high" anytime soon so just enjoy the bliss. She is just beautiful and gorgeous, all in the same bundle. You didn't mention a name so maybe it is still being thought of? Have a wonderful day and enjoy the love. I am head over heels happy for you. Don't you just feel like bursting!!?!! And she looks so perfect in your arms!!:)

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Mary said...

Well done. You and your beautiful Grand daughter look just perfect. I am so happy for you all. When do they announce her name?

Thinking of you as you have your next leg procedure - Talk soon . Lots of love.

Needled Mom said...

I am quite certain that if you can envision that precious little face while you undergo your torture that things will not be so bad.

She is simply precious and I love all of her hair. I see pigtails before too long!!! I am so glad that you got to see and love on her so quickly after her arrival. Those are priceless times.

Enjoy every minute, Granny.

meg said...

She is beautiful, Linds! Huge congratulations.
That is such a lovely photo of you with the baby. There is nothing in the world, that ever quite matches that magic, of your very first Grandchild.

Dawn said...

There is nothing in the world like that first look at your first grandchild! I am so happy for you and yours - and can't wait to hear her name!

Chris said...

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THAT GORGEOUS CREATURE IN THE PHOTO???

No, Linds, I don't mean you!

Can't wait to hear, and to see more shots of her. Is that RED hair??

Donnetta said...

Oh Linds, she's beautiful! I was hoping we'd get to see some pictures. :-)

Congrats again to all of you!

Crystal said...

She is just gorgeous and looks perfect in your arms, Linds! I'm so glad you got to go right away. Looking forward to hearing her name and seeing many more pictures.

May you cherish every moment that you get to cuddle and be with her, Linds. You are going to absolutely love this next phase of life. God bless you all!

someone else said...

Sigh.......

Judith said...

I can't think of good enough words.

Beautiful, look at all that hair! and all the love filling up the room. It's for sure you have a special buddy here.

Laurie in Ca. said...

I just had to come back again tonight and look at the princess again. What a beautiful baby girl and her hair is outrageously cute. What a perfect gift from God to all of you. I am so happy for you Grammy Linds. Life is so good. Pure Joy is what I see in your face and I remember the feeling oh so well. Praying for your leg stuff tomorrow too. I am so glad you KNOW what it feels like now. It is the best!!!

Love and Many Happy Hugs, Laurie

Luanne said...

Precious, absolutely precious.

The look of love on the grandparents face says it all.

I am so happy for the joy you must be feeling.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

She is beautiful and perfect, Linds. But you already knew that without me telling you. :o)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Linds!!!! My computer is sick so I'm checking in from Adams phone because I couldn't wait any longer. She's gorgeous!!!
Hugs,

Heidi

Susan said...

Loved all the pictures!!!
Susan

Harley's World said...

Aww! She so little and sweet!
Harley says Hi!
What a precious time for you all.
Hugs
Harley's Mom.

Sandra said...

OH my goodness she is just beautiful :)

Congratulations grandma :) Now we need to know the name!

Lisa Marie said...

She is so Precious! And how cute! Love her bits Granny, they grow so fast.
Love to all of you!

Carole Burant said...

Adorable...absolutely adorable!! Oh Linds, she truly is gorgeous and look at that hair! I love the pictures of you holding her...that is a moment you will never forget. I'm smiling here with tears in my eyes, I'm just so happy for you to finally have your grandbaby to love and spoil:-) xoxo

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What an adorable, beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful, little baby girl! I'm so happy for all of you!

I'm sure that she will make your days brighter.

Again, congratulations!

PS: Thanks for following me on Twitter. I'm still learning how to take advantage of it but I love all the "twits" and links that I receive from it.

Barbara said...

Congratulations and what a wonderful feeling that is to hold the darling for the first time.

Sorry to read about yur continuing leg problems Linds.

Lori said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! She's absolutely beautiful!!! Wonderful, wonderful news! Enjoy Grandma. She's your crowning glory!

Heather M. said...

She is so precious! I just love her hair!