Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Non-day....

Today has been a really slow day. Deliberately. I have been resting and that has involved many naps back on that couch. Firstly, I think I have perhaps been a trifle too enthusiastic re the exercising. And secondly, because when you pour coffee into your precious craft basket, what do you do? You :
  1. Up-end the basket asap to get everything out
  2. Drop to your knees and try to initiate the rescue
  3. Remember that dropping to your knees is NOT A GOOD IDEA
  4. Get up somehow, and fetch roll of paper towels to commence mop up
  5. Get back on the floor and stay there for next hour trying to wipe things
  6. Prop them all over house to dry
  7. Fill rubbish bin with stuff past help
  8. Head for bed

And the next morning, find that you are creaking rather more than usual, so stay in bed a lot longer, soak in bath a lot longer, and drift back and forth from the couch to the kitchen for meds all day. I love my blanket and pillow and recession heater. And my book, but more about that another time.

Sigh.

Hopefully by the morning, I will have regained a little energy and enthusiasm. The snow is going but we are due loads more on Thursday I hear. No news yet re the Bump.

I will be back tomorrow.

10 comments:

someone else said...

Sleep well, and please take better care of yourself.

Yes, I got restless and decided to play with the background again. :) I'm uninspired as to writing, so I play...

Vee said...

Rest sounds like the very best thing. First babes are notoriously late so perhaps there'll be no news for a few more days on that score, which will give Grandmother a chance to recover. Now the unnamed book has me curious...

Needled Mom said...

Hope recovery comes quickly for you. That must have been dreadful.

Susie said...

I hope your day of taking it a bit easier finds you feeling much better tomorrow.
xo

Harley's World said...

OOh you have changed your blog page a little, while I was having the baby.
It's so pretty.
How much longer for your grandchild?

This is Britgirl btw on my new baby's blog.

Unknown said...

When I read "Drop to your knees...", I thought, "Oh no, how painful." Take care of yourself and get better soon!!

Dawn said...

I thought that same thought about dropping to your knee! I am so sorry about your craft basket. What kind of things were ruined?

Crystal said...

Sounds like you are having a perfect snow day - naps, reading, and a slower pace. Take care of yourself and enjoy this respite.

Barb said...

I feel so bad about that coffee disaster, Linds. There's always something in progress on my dining room table, so I bought some very inexpensive coffee cups with lids - you know the ones, styrofoam. I'm so afraid of ruining a batch of Santa stars, or a sock monkey so the cup with the tight lid on it comforts me. :-)

I hope you didn't lose too many of your craft things. And I hope you catch up on some rest too.

Anxiously awaiting your happy news about the baby!

Donnetta said...

Rest well and stay warm!