Thursday, January 27, 2011

Things are a trifle red around here.......

I started cutting up the red fabric after I posted here yesterday, and was interrupted by a visit from Julia, who finished her chemo on Tuesday, hallelujah. And then I carried on cutting, and ironing and tracing and more cutting. I may or may not have got carried away with the cutting bit. 3 lap quilts worth. Then I remembered I was supposed to be at a rehearsal. So off I went to sing, and Cabaret sounded sensational, I have to say - the first time too! This time I knew more people, which was great, and I didn't feel so strange.

And home to iron on the hearts. And right now, I am giving my hands a rest. I have been blanket stitching them in place. All the red looks very bright. And red.

BUT

They will look great when I stitch the bits together. Did I mention RED??? The best thing is that I have bought nothing. I only used what was there in the pile and did not even open the cupboard door. The world's greatest stash may have fallen out, and I can't be doing with that. I may need to add Sort The Stash to the "to do " list. That, my friends, is beginning to look like mission impossible. I need to acquire many more unwanted skills like plumbing and carpet laying in order to plow through it. Some things can wait. Sorting the stash would involve major re-organising of the entire craft room. It can wait too. I have 3 RED quilts to sort. And I never did quilt the Autumn quilt. I have to fit that in before....oh.....September, I should think.

And that is the news from the Casa del la Rocking Chair for today.

My hands are ready for round 2 with the embroidery needle.

2 comments:

Stripeyspots said...

I loved red!

Needled Mom said...

It is going to look fabulous!!! I can't wait to see it finished.