Monday, September 18, 2006

Where has the time gone?

  1. My hands
  2. Friends to celebrate with
  3. Unexpected visits
  4. Books that challenge me
  5. Love

I don't know where the past 2 weeks have gone since we got home. Switzerland is almost a distant memory, and the real world is here.

Jean is celebrating her birthday today, and yesterday we gathered in her garden for tea and her famous scones. What a great way to end the summer, sitting in the sun chatting and watching the babes play! Happy Birthday Jean!

Last night I had a call from a friend in SA to tell me her Mum had died suddenly after an op, and it was uncannily like the same experience I had, and no doubt millions more have had, standing at a bedside waiting. Thankfully I knew what she was saying and feeling. Hopefully it helped her a little too. What a year this has been.

Autumn is approaching now, and my garden is dying back. The roses are having a late surge though, and the apples have been gathered and frozen. It is dark much earlier and Christmas decorations are already in some shops. That is pushing things a bit, I have to say. Parts of this year seem to have pushed the pause button, and there seem to be vast stretches of time I have lost. I am not ready for summer to end, I suppose, but nature has a way of moving ahead, and I will have to fast forward my life and catch up with it.

I am so lucky to have the most amazing family and friends around me, who take time to call, email, visit or text me (SMS to you foreigners) regularly, no matter how busy their lives are. Knowing you are there is the most sustaining blessing. Thank you everyone.

So............. enough now. I need to start on the next round of paperwork and calls. It has got to end sometime soon. I hope!

No comments: