Thursday, September 28, 2006

Mountains of tools

I popped in to the place Geoff used to work, to collect his tools. He said they would know which were his. And there I was happily thinking it would be a couple of spanners etc. I understand spanners and screw drivers. Hah! They needed a trolley thing to shift the 3 tool boxes to my car. And one is so heavy that it took 2 big men to lift. It will stay in the car until my son gets home. I need never buy another tool in the next 100 years. Now if only I knew what they were for or how to use them. Sigh. I may have to take photos and stick them on the blog for identification. I love tools. Things that make other things happen. Machinery, I suppose, like my craft, woodwork and sewing things. Now I have the grown up stuff for doing essential things as well. I think. I do like the little drawers and it all looks very interesting. I could fix things. I could learn. Maybe I will build that wooden house I dream about one day. I think I saw a BIG saw...............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right in what you wrote yesterday. It is exactly what a lot of us older NHS staff have been screeming at managers for some time now. Even a humble receptionist can have that sense when a person is stood in front of her. Just sending you my love.
Ginny XY

Linds said...

I know, and it all seems so logical to us, doesn't it. Maybe our age has given us that wisdom, but the young managers and policy makers today (and they are all SO young)could do well to listen to the voices of reason and experience.Maybe we should run for public office, Ginny. I always fancied being Speaker in the houses of Parliament!Lots of love