- I write for my friends and family. Initially, it was just for them, and then I started wandering around and discovered more people who have become my friends too, and so in a way, my blogging has altered a little. But essentially, I suppose, I blog for me. Because I want to.
- I blog because it makes me smile. I love reading and this is a way to interact with the authors and characters in a book in a sense. I mean, just think.... here we are, adding comments as we read "stories". How fascinating is that! We are part of the "book".
- I blog because sometimes I need company . And there are people out there.
- I blog because I love learning, and this is a way to learn about different lives and countries, traditions etc, and have some challenging thoughts tossed at me to think about. And all I have to do is say I don't know how to do something and in a flash, I get a response.
- I blog because it is an outlet for all the things swirling about in my head. I used, for years, to just write them on the computer, or in notebooks. Now I have another forum to use, and it actually responds, in the form of comments.
We all have our own reasons for blogging. Mine are quite simple. It gives me an enormous amount of pleasure, and it can make a difference. Together, the blogging community can do amazing things, and we have seen this happen. We can shriek with laughter, wince in pain, and our hearts can ache for each other. It is great. I am not in the least bit bothered about how many people may read what I say. I don't blog for prizes. It works for me.
Well, technically that is a lot more than 5. I just didn't add numbers to the rest!