Thursday, February 08, 2007

And more....

A couple more photos from the village square.

Something to make you smile. There was a survey done which was mentioned on the news this morning, about division of labour in the home. Apparently, in an average life span, a woman in Britain will vacuum the house for the equivalent of London to New York return. 7,000+ miles. A man will do the equivalent of Lands End to John O' Groats. About 800+ miles. I can't remember the exact figures, but you can get the picture.
As I find just about anything more appealing than housework, I think I could fail on the 7000+ estimate. Maybe I sank somewhere in the Atlantic.

4 comments:

5KidMom said...

Views like this are what I miss about winter (I grew up in Colorado). Freezing temperatures, shoveling snow, driving on icy roads, etc., I don't have any warm, fuzzy thoughts about those things. As much as 88 degrees (F) seems far too warm for February, I'll take it. 8^)

Unknown said...

aww. snow in the village. memories.

Pam said...

Lovely photos.

I love the results of the survey, too, though I think I'd probably fall quite short of "average" as well. That's why my floors are mostly uncarpeted -- I'm not much for vacuuming.at.all.

Thank you so much for all your encouragement and prayers this week. It's been so incredible to see how people join together and lift up those in need.

Butterfly Mama said...

Someone will need to come in a steamboat to rescue me too... too funny!