Thursday, June 21, 2007

The longest day

The longest day....... it is June 21st already! How is it possible that the year is half gone already? My mother always used to say that time flew by faster and faster as you got older. She still says it today. She is right.

Parents evening went well and , yet again, it was largely attended by the parents of "good" children, who work hard, and do well. The ones I really want or need to talk to never show up. Hah. I have a phone. I do believe I will give them a call.

I just dozed off sitting here trying to get my fingers to type the words swirling around in a jumble in my brain. I surrender. I am going to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z z z

6 comments:

Pam said...

Goodness, an early night for you, surely? (How odd to know blog people's sleeping habits better than one knows those of one's best friends... real life best friends, I mean.) I entirely remember the parents' night phenomenon. But I wouldn't do the phoning if I were you. It's nearly the holidays!

Susie said...

Hope you get a good night's sleep
xo

someone else said...

Sleep well, Friend.

Susan said...

Paragraph 2 explains why the other students are doing poorly!!! Vicious cycle.
Susan

Crystal said...

That always happens to me too! Hope you had a good rest.

Dawn said...

I hope you get some energizing sunshine soon!

I taught for a short time, and that is so typical - the good kids' parents want to hear how great their kids are and the others . . . well, you know.

I'll have to send you a picture that my brother, MG's husband, took of our Brit brother. Really cute.

Pleae e-mail me and I'll respond with it.