Monday, December 22, 2008

And then the sun shone....


That little dot, if you click on the picture, is a paraglider. Paragliding is on the list of things to do!






And the sky was so blue, and the snow so white, and THIS is my Switzerland. It does not get any better.
I have been busy again. Up at 6 to take Marge to work again. At the restaurant this morning, then baking biscuits, and carrot cakes. This necessitated a bit of ingenuity. No custard powder to make the biscuits, so I experimented and substituted cornflour and vanilla essence. Well...that is what I think I put in. It did not seem to make much difference. However, all is not lost! I am dipping the biscuits (cookies) in chocolate, and that will add to the taste. Chocolate. In Switzerland. Heaven.
I walked to the supermarket twice today because I left my shopping list at home, but when I saw the sky and the mountains, it was a pleasure to look upwards, and marvel at the unbelievably awesome hand of God. I tried to use the camera to capture what I see. But believe me when I say it is so much better in real life. You can stand in the snow and turn 360 degrees and you will lose your breath at the beauty which towers over you, reaching to the heavens. You will.
So, it was a bit of an effort to go back to grating carrots. But I managed. So we will have some cakes for Christmas, if I can keep my family from devouring them tonight. And YES, Diana, David, Andrew and Ann, I will be making a cinnamon cake too. Tomorrow. Enough is enough for now, and I need to go and melt the chocolate for the biscuits.
I may even wrap some presents....

15 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hey Linds,

I am so glad you are having such a wonderful time there. The pictures are just breath taking and truly Gods majesty. Are you SERIOUS about paragliding??? Too much chocolate sweetie, just think about it some more:) You are a dare-devil? I wouldn't have guessed it. Have a wonderful day up there in Gods country.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Desia said...

What a beautiful, beautiful place! How cold does it get there? It was -31 Celsius here when we got up, is "better" now at -26C! (Not sure what it is with the windchill)

Vee said...

Are you quite certain you're in Switzerland? I think I see angels flying about. My goodness that place is gorgeous! Soooo, when are'ya moving? :D

Best wishes with all the baking. I don't know which to do first...bake, wrap, shovel, fold laundry...ackkk...

Susan said...

Such beauty....and I'm sure the pictures don't catch a fraction of it. As the Bible says, "The 1/2 has not been told". Imagine what Heaven will be like :o)
Susan

Sandra said...

Oh goodness, it's just gorgeous out there Linds....I'm so glad you get to be in such a beautiful place during Christmas :)

Hope your knee is behaving.

Hugs,
Sandra

At A Hen's Pace said...

Linds--

Your pictures are gorgeous, and you sound so happy, walking and baking and shopping--what delights!

I am SO glad you are having such a good time!!

--Jeanne

Dawn said...

I can only imagine how much your kids wish they were there!

I can't believe you're able to do so much walking and driving there - seems as though your body and your spirit are lifted by the beauty that God created.

Linda said...

I don't know where to start Linds! What a blessing to be in that more-than-beautiful place.
I love the quilt and all the other things you've made. You are so talented. Everyone will be delighted with their special gifts.
Oh - and the chocolate sounds heavenly too.

Crystal said...

What beautiful pictures!! I can see why you love it there. It sounds like you are having a great time, busy with all the preparations and holiday excitement. I am off to wrap more presents too - so far there are 8 under the tree!

Please pray that Mel and Tyler will get home safely tomorrow. Their flight from NYC was cancelled tonight, right when they were ready to board! So they are scheduled to come 12 hours later but there is complete and utter chaos at most Canadian airports tonight. The weather is awful across the country. They are avoiding Toronto and flying directly to Calgary with the new plan. This is the first time this has happened in the four years they've been married and flying around the world. Thanks!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Beautiful pictures! One of my goals was to make it to Switzerland while in Germany. Never did make it. :(
Thanks for sharing.
Oh the hand of God's paintings. I absolutely love it.
Hope you have a Blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Janine said...

It looks stunning. We only see that kind of thing in pictures. Must organise a "cold" Christmas for the family sometime. It's just wrong to be cooking turkey when the sun is blazing.

Olson Family said...

We got back from Germany today - and I see your pic's and am reminded of what my husband & I often say after a trip outside of Switzerland "why do we travel to other places?"
Enjoy your baking and your family. It is fun to imagine you all there together now that I have the pleasure of the visual memory!

Barbara said...

Just had to come back to Switzerland. Wonderful and the baking sounds just as delicious.

someone else said...

Is this place even on earth??? I just gasp when I see these pictures as you post them. It's so incredibly beautiful -- I can see why you love it so.

Margaret Cloud said...

Your country is so beautiful, I can't get over the mountains, awesome. I live in Michigan, we do have some big sand dunes, thanks for your kind words about Logan.