Tuesday, June 23, 2009

An evening walk......

After a beautiful summer day, I went for a walk to the outskirts of the village this evening. This is a field of something wheat-like. I love the misty look of the husky bits. You can see that I am clearly an authority in all things agricultural, can't you.....
I do love living out of a city. For someone who spent the first 36 years of her life in a large urban sprawl, this is a real change!


Now the next photo is not of the countryside at all.......

And this is my friend, Glynis - at one of our many pauses for coffee yesterday in Bath. Starbucks this time. I think this is a stunning photo of her.

Bed time now. I need to muster energy to watch more tennis tomorrow. Hopefully Roger will triumph again......

8 comments:

Vee said...

Such lovely countryside that you enjoy, Linds. It really is spectacular. I must tell you that I have been guilty of thinking of England as very crowded without a spot of country left. So glad that I am wrong.

Glynis looks so pretty in that lovely aqua color. It perfectly complements her. She doesn't look as tough as you portray her that's for certain!

Dawn said...

I would love to walk in that countryside with you. Do you drive there to walk, or is it close enough to walk to this spot? Just beautiful.

Glynnis looks lovely in that shot. Tell her we said so!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I really enjoyed seeing the pics of your countryside. It's so different in many ways to where I live, but in some ways much the same. Is that vague enough for you? ;o)

Lovely shot of Glynis!

xoxoxoxo

Needled Mom said...

It's nice to be able to put a face with Glynis' name.

Your walk sounds positively delightful. I am with you on loving the countryside.

meggie said...

That country side should calm you down. I am glad you have a friend to drive you. We all need to be gracious in accepting help, but being a bit stubborn & independent myself, I know how hard it can be.
Lovely pic of Glynis- just love her beautful blouse & cardigan, the colour is wonderful!

Rosaria Williams said...

Lovely countryside. Great picture of your lovely friend Glynis.

Barbara said...

Hi! Linds

Nice walk in the countryside with you.
Got to catch up with all thelatest on your visit to bath, and yur new washing machine and yur local carnival.
Fantastic weather that we are all now experiencing after all the rain. Take care and do not do too much dear friend.

Barbara

Janine said...

Beautiful pic of my sister. She does look lovely in that colour.