Thursday, June 18, 2009

Inane prattle......

Well I am back. I am a prune. All shrivelled and wrinkled. And all worked out. If you have never tried aquafit classes, go and have a go. You will not believe how well you exercise yourself. In the water I am a fairy. Hahaha. And then when you get out, gravity hits with a vengeance. I can do things exercise-wise, which I could never do on land. The pool is my friend. And after an hour, I am crawling.

So I stopped at a friend's house on the way back and had coffee to recover. And then I came home and a SQUIRREL HAD BEEN DIGGING UP MY CARROTS. And 4 other places. What gall. I was less than happy. I have now got netting staked out over all the vulnerable seedlings and the carrots are now in the fortress. And I will patrol all night.

The good news is that Jean called to tell me that one of the washing machines on my short-list is on sale, so I will be at the shop at dawn to acquire one. At the nice man shop too. Just pray they still have one in stock for me.

This week is our village festival, and there is loads on at the moment. Tomorrow I will go to the art exhibition in the Methodist hall, and then on Saturday it is the Village Carnival. There is also a Labyrinth at the school, which Glynis has been involved in setting up so I will explore that as well. And the weather is supposed to be reasonable. Hooray!

I will of course, have to get a babysitter for my garden to scare off the rodents and other unwanted visitors, like the cat which thought my lettuces would make a nice bed. Sigh. The trials one faces......

7 comments:

Edith said...

Your writing always make me laugh! Sorry about the rabbits and the cat and other garden travails. I think my chickens got into my garden yesterday...ha! I like for them to be out but not in my flower/veggie beds.

As to aqua fit...I've never tried it. But it sounds rather "fun". Glad you are able to do that.

Have a great day - in spite of the stresses of it all. Sorry you are having to go through the inquest again. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Dawn said...

We are trying to have strawberries this year by covering them with net - the birds love our strawberries and we haven't tried for years. Funny word picture!

Vee said...

We've got ourselves a few varmints, too. Hadn't even considered staying up all night to stand watch.

I will certainly be praying that there's a washing machine waiting just for you...

Needled Mom said...

I know the feeling. If it is not the rodents, it is the birds, the dogs, the rabbits or the tortoises going after whatever goes in the ground and pops up.

My mom always loved the water therapy after she became a paraplegic. There is a magic to the weightlessness when one is in the water, isn't there?

I hope you manage to snag one of those washers. Good luck.

meggie said...

I have been there, waddling around in the water. How free, & light it all feels. Then, as you say, you climb from the water to discover your limbs have suddenly become concrete! The the shower of little/no modesty...
You wish you were home & cosy in you little cocoon.

Dawn said...

I hope you have your washer by now, as our day is beginning over here in the US.

I wanted to tell you that one of my talented nephews is off today for a 16-day tour of Europe with top high school musicians from around . He'll be in London at Wesley Chapel on Sunday at 11 a.m., then in Victoria Embankment Part at 2:30 in the afternoon for a 90-minute concert. He's hoping to be the only member of the group to have family or friends in the audience (my niece in London says she'll definitely be there), and to hear his name said with a British accent. What fun!

Janine said...

When I did aquarobics I was always amazed at how heavy my legs felt when I got out of the pool!