Friday, June 19, 2009

I can wash clothes!!!

I have a washing machine. You have NO IDEA how exciting this is. I have been trying out a couple of programmes and I LOVE IT! And it actually met all 3 criteria I had, and I am delighted. Ecstatic. Woohoo! Clean washing! Here at home!!

So mother helpfully suggested that I should replace all my aging electrical appliances while the recession is running, because they are really cheap at the moment. Hmmm. Good idea had I got unlimited funds. I did look at the dishwashers longingly, but hey, they are not essential, and my old one is still in place, albeit dead. There is no gap in the kitchen looking weird. I can get my hands wet a while longer.

And David dispatched the old one to the tip for me, so that is excellent. Sigh. I am happy. I am grinning. I have a washing machine.

The village festival is in full swing, and I hobbled round the labyrinth at the school this afternoon, and then wandered through the Art Exhibition. So much talent about.

And now if you will excuse me, I have to go and pat my new washing machine.

12 comments:

Chris said...

PAT it? USE IT, girl! Put it to WORK! As much as you probably paid for it, make it earn its keep.

And then you can talk lovingly to it whilst it churns away...that would be fitting.

And maybe a pat or two then. But ONLY then. :)

Congratulations!

Rosaria Williams said...

How we love something if we don't have it! Your mother is right about purchasing a replacement appliance while the recession is going on.

Crystal said...

Give it a great big hug from me!! I know you got a cold water model - is it front loading? How about a picture of your new friend / workhorse?!! Congrats on getting just what you wanted - at a great price!!

Needled Mom said...

Oh yeah!!!! Yes, it would be nice to replace all of the other appliances....if only!!!!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Congrats on the new machine. Better than beating your clothes on a rock in the river, hmmm? And tomorrow it will no longer be a "new" machine. ;o)

Happy weekend! It's 92F with a heat index of 102F right now. Enjoy your English Summer. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vee said...

Best news I've had all day!

Let's see if this goes through on my dime instead of on John's. I know he'll be mighty upset if he finds his email going out all over the place. That was weird!

Jess said...

Hi there and thank you for visiting me and leaving such a nice comment.

Loved your blog so I will be back!

Have a great day, and congrats on your new washing machine!!!


Jess

Dawn said...

There's nothing like new, reliable appliances. We had to replace all of ours this last year, and now we have no more moolah to do much more!

Have fun washing your clothes!

Barb said...

Congratulations! I completely understand why you're excited. :-)

Mary said...

Keep an eye out for a delivery van - dont panic - don't get over excited - I have sent over my laundry ;)

Dawn said...

What fun to wake up this morning and find your visit - I totally agree about tires - they don't show off well for all the money spent!

It's cloudy this morning again! I am not happy. It was so gorgeous yesterday. We can't seem to have two nice days in a row. Today Kristen is having a yard sale, which will be fine as long as it doesn't rain. But tonight is the big hymn sing that we have every year over on the grounds of Walker Manufacturing, where DC works. It's not fun to sit outside and sing in the cold! I hope this burns off soon - I'm off to check the weather report.

Have a great rest of the day!