Monday, March 22, 2010

Back to normal again....

I am not too keen on Mondays at the moment. Nor am I very keen on Fridays for that matter. I seem to be working through the week here. 3 Mondays ago was the trip to Bath. Then there was the school final firing squad. Then there was Diana's op. Now today, Andrew, Ann and Missy left, and as soon as they drove off, the sun disappeared and the rain started. It matched my mood.

It has been a busy weekend, and included a shopping trip, lots of play time here at home and walks all over the place, as well as Andrew being struck by the 24 hour vomitting virus, and Ann not being 100% either. That left Missy and me to play. I took her for a walk ALONE and we popped in to see Jean. Missy decided that she was very shy at that point, and climbed up my legs to be held tight. I had 15 minutes of cuddles from my little granddaughter, and was in no hurry whatsoever to encourage her to walk around and relax. I just loved cuddling her close without her trying to get down and run away, thankyouverymuch. It was perfect. And now she is back at her home, and there is no-one to grin and say hiya when I walk into the room any more. And what a grin it is. Sigh. SIGH. Bigger sigh.

And the rain is still falling, although the daffodils are blooming at last. I am off to look for suitable photos to post. I will be back.

3 comments:

Chris said...

What bliss for you! A granddaughter all by yourself...ah...

Needled Mom said...

I am so glad that you had some great one on one time with Missy. What a blessing she has been.

Hope the rain clears up soon. It does make life seem dreary.

Vee said...

Perfect! All except for the 24-hour bug for the kids...oh dear! But even the saying goodbye and having it not feel so good. Just as it should be for grandmothers and their grands, don't you think? Truly? Hope you find a delightful daffy with a raindrop on its nose to snag for us!