Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday already....

I went out into the garden this morning to see if the daffodils had grown another millimetre and so help me, nearly had my head removed by a pheasant which flew over the fence and almost collided with me. I am not sure which of us had the greater shock. It managed a stunning U-turn in mid flight and zapped off in another direction. Pheasants are BIG. Well, this one was. A veritable giant. I am extremely relieved it managed the U-turn. I am rather attached to my head.

Then Glynis and I met at a new restaurant in the village for lunch. Absolutely wonderful. We have decided that we need to become regulars. Ladies who lunch. Hahahahahahha. Wouldn't that be great....

And now I am home, and I have an email from one of the lawyers. My brain is fried after reading all the details - about everything except Geoff (there are a couple of lawyers working on different things for me at the law firm). Seriously, by afternoon, the brain cannot process properly. Maybe another sign that I can only do some things in the morning, or when I have not had incidents with large flying things or been out to lunch. And in case you are wondering - baked potato and COFFEE.

What else... the quilt is coming along slowly. The embroidery part, that is. While the machine did its thing, I crocheted a stripey hat for Missy. Actually, the child now has a multitude of hats. Her Mum can choose what she wants and then I will give the others away as presents. A bag next, I think. For all the crochet projects.

And since I wrote this, 2 friends have popped in for coffee. Time for a nap now, methinks. Such a hectic life I lead!

5 comments:

Vee said...

Oh yes! Isn't it great to know that life can be as full and busy as we'd like it to be? Funny story about the pheasant...we so rarely even see them anymore so to actually be nearly beaned by one is quite amusing for me...not for you. I understand the attachment to one's own head, especially with all the history in the country where you live. :D

Dawn said...

Sounds like a good day, except for the potential beheading and the legal mumbo jumbo. You're the only one I know who would have such a close encounter with a pheasant and write about it so entertainingly!

How are the daffodils? The twins and I took a stroll through the back yard to see what's coming up - there is some hope appearing out there!

Come on over and see Care Bear's first published book!

someone else said...

I like that kind of hectic -- naps. I rarely take one, but yesterday I sat down to crochet and watch TV, and before I knew it, I was laying down going to sleep. I slept for 1 1/2 hours! I never do that.

Holly said...

New restaurant in the village? Maybe I should venture back to EB more often!

Needled Mom said...

Had you managed to catch that giant it would have made a tasty meal - pheasant under glass or the sort.

<y head would be spinning reading all that legal mumbo jumbo too. Hope it makes sense in the morning.

I like the idea of ladies who do lunch. Will you blog about all the places as well?????