Monday, March 22, 2010

A few photos.....

Daffodils at the front door!

Someone "tidying" Moregranny's bookcase.....

Missy modelling her new cotton sun hat. She looks so gorgeous in them. Now to find a way to get her to keep them on!

Here are a few of the hats I have crocheted. They are super easy and very quick to make, and so help me, the child has so many now. I really should move on to new things. Well, I am quilting at the moment.

The flowers are all Attic 24 variations, but the hats are my version of an on-line pattern. I adjusted it and worked out what would be right for me by trial and error. A great deal of trial and many errors. They are a 60% cotton mix, so should be lovely and cool for Missy to wear in the sun.

11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

So cute, Linds. I love those little hats. She could wear one for each outfit she has. I'd like a set for myself.

Crystal said...

Oh, those wee little hats are just lovely!!! And - she is so sweet! How quickly she has grown - it's quite unbelievable! She can make any day better :)) And your daffodils are lovely - there is not one single blade of green anywhere in my outside world yet :(

someone else said...

Darling little hats! And such a darling little Missy. I love it when they discover they can dump books or CDs on the floor. They seem so pleased with themselves.

Olson Family said...

The hats are absolutely adorable!

Vee said...

She's so cute! I see that she has her own shelves in the bookcase, too. Very nice! And the hats...just wonderful. Do adults still wear them? I remember having some back in the day. As to keeping them on...little ties? My daughter had one, the brim was not as nice as yours, and it had little crocheted ties.

Lisa Marie said...

Those hats are adorable Linds! So cute for Missy to wear.
Hope your quilting project is coming along nicely for you. It will be treasured!

Dawn said...

What adorable hats - the twins will not keep anything on their heads for more than 10 seconds.

The daffodils are gorgeous - am watching for my first one. We do have some crocuses showing their shining faces.

I can understand your feeling about Mondays at the moment! How is Diana doing?

Linda said...

Linds,
I have just printed out the pictures of these adorable little bonnets to take to my Mom to see. I was telling her about them and she said she would love to see them.
So...thank you for helping me brighten her day a bit.
Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words. I haven't much time to read or comment these days, but I so appreciate everyone's prayers and sweet words.

Janine said...

Good lord woman! You have become a crochet machine. LOVE the hats - so cute. Keep it up.

The Bookworm said...

I love the hats. You have inspired me to want to make one for my 3 year old. She would love it!

Meggie said...

Linds, that hats are just gorgeous! So lovely to see little glimpses of Missy. They do grow up so fast.