Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Spring time is coming......

The sun shone today and Spring seemed to be almost here. What a difference a little sunshine makes, let me tell you.... I was out that door as soon as it crept round to dance over my garden. The lilies are now planted, and so is the dahlia. That necessitated a call to a friend, because I didn't know which end was up. This is my first dahlia. I now know which way to plant them, you will be happy to know. And the Roof Man and his sidekick arrived at lunch time to start on the roof as well. I made tea. And retired indoors to continue "springing" my house. Only now the Easter decorations have been added to the spring ones.


I have 2 Easter trees. For this one at the front door, I cut a lilac branch from my tree outside. Then discovered that it tips the jug over, so it is now tied to the bench behind it. I am nothing if not inventive.

And look who was watching me plant things this morning.......

Snowdrops at last. I also noticed that I am about to have daffodils blooming in the garden too. A little warmth and up they pop! I gather the peas and broad beans can go in this month too. All of a sudden the garden is springing to life.

Bath. What an exhausting day. We had good juorneys in both directions - it is about 2.5 hours away, and we took our time going down, with a couple of stops for me to rest. So it took 4 hours in the end. After a quick look at the shops and lunch, we headed off for the first appointment. Essentially, because of the fact that life has thrown up some obstacles in recent months, I have not been able to follow their instructions re pacing and relaxation, and de-stressing my life, so I have been stuck in the same place, and need to get back onto the plan I was given. They mentioned the fact that life seems to have been a steam roller for me at the moment. That would be about right. I go back in 3-4 months for them to make sure I am coping again. Everyone at the Min is so lovely and they really care, and are incredibly supportive. Hopefully soon I will get to the point where I am making progress again, instead of marking time. Aquarobics, here I come again.

I came home, and for the first time in months, slept through the night. 12 hours, in fact. Admittedly, the first 5 hours of sleep was on the couch, but that was fine. I keeled over into bed, and the next thing I knew it was morning. Gone are the days when I could zap around the place non-stop. But tick the box - I have been to Bath. Now the school is next. I had a call from them asking if I had received a letter re the next and final meeting. No, I have not. Well, it is on Monday. Right. Nice to know.

And that is all for now......

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Lovely signs of spring! I need to take a tour around my back yard and see if anything is coming up through the remaining snow. It is beautiful here today - think I'll take the littles on a stroller ride after their nap (hope they go to sleep soon!)

I am glad the trip to Bath went well. And that you got such a good night's sleep. Hopefully everything will slow down for both you and me over the next few months - wish we could have tea and discuss it!

Have a wonderful rest of your almost over day.

Crystal said...

What a lovely picture of the robin! And I am wishing we had things growing here but it will be at least 6 weeks before we see any of this stuff. You sound cheery this morning! Happy Springtime!!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Oh wow! You have Robin's already... They don't arrive here until May or later. It is a gorgeous day here though and you have wonderful photos. I am having a giveaway on my blog that I thought you might want to know about. Come on over for a quick visit :)

Vee said...

When spring comes, she comes quickly I see. That is good and I hope that she may be a bit early for you even after the winter you've put in. Good that Bath is ticked off...well, you know what I mean...and that next the school meeting. The Lord will take you there and through and safely to the other side of that meeting, too.

Your Easter decorations are looking marvelous. Do you think it's time for me to put away my snowflake and my winter dishes? Probably.

Needled Mom said...

It will be interesting to see the effect that your winter will have on your garden this year. The snowdrops are so pretty.

I'm glad to read that you will have yet another appointment in Bath. I hope you can now get back on schedule and that life will calm down a bit for you. I also hope your mom is continuing to improve as the days pass.

Enjoy your sunshine!!!