Friday, April 06, 2012

Good Friday.....

It is, of course, Good Friday today. 
A day to reflect on the incomprehensible sacrifice made by one man, the Son of God,  to save out souls.
 A day which saw death and darkness....
 in order to bring new life to the world....
and the beauty of hope.....


I have had my hot cross buns - such a visible reminder of the Cross early in the morning, and they were delicious too. How thankful I am for the Cross and that Friday morning so long ago. So thankful. 

It is a grey day once again, but not too cold, and something out there upended and ATE my peas which were starting to shoot upwards out of the soil. But before I totally lose my calm and contemplative mood for the day,. Helen has posted a link here for her recipe for Hot Cross Buns, and I saw another one today on Facebook here from Cape Point Press - South Africans living in the States who put up SA recipes on their blog (Sam and Sandra - you may be interested!). 

And now I am off to sit in front of Jean's log burner and do some knitting while we chat. I talked her through installing Kindle for PC this morning on the phone, because Francis Chan's books - Crazy Love, Forgotten God and Erasing Hell are FREE  to download for 48 hours. Only I have NO idea when the 48 hours started. You do not need a Kindle to download books - just download the Kindle for PC option and away you go. 

Have a lovely day - Sunday is not far away, remember, and the celebrations can begin!

3 comments:

The Bookworm said...

No hot cross buns here as Passover starts tonight. Also no bread, no cake, no biscuits, and nothing with raising agents plus no meat (Catholic + Good Friday). Am losing the will to try to think of anything left in the freezer and cupboard that we can eat. Think we may be fasting for the rest of the day.

Needled Mom said...

The Hot Cross buns are a wonderful Good Friday statement. Happy Easter to you and your family.

someone else said...

I've never had hot cross buns. Those look scrumptious!!