Friday, October 05, 2012

31 Days or Creativity - some fails and some triumphs.....

And if this posts with 2 real photos, it will be a mega triumph for me.

I am working on a tutorial which will be up tomorrow, I hope. Who knew so many photos would be needed????

My creativity for the day has not been wildly successful. It is a grey and cold day, so I decided to make scones, using my mother's age old recipe.

They look like flying saucers.

095
 So, nothing daunted, and spurred on by the thought that they may start rotting, I hauled out the gigantic bag of apples, and made two apfelkuchen. Apple cakes.

094

They worked perfectly. In a moment of triumph, I made a cup of coffee and sat down to drink it and discovered the water had not been boiled. That rather took the shine off that moment of self-congratulation.

So, while I was making another fresh mug, I peeled and chopped a little more of the apple mountain, and now have a huge pot of stewed apples to freeze, only the freezer is full. I am anticipating that they will live in the fridge quite happily until I can eat my way through something to create space in the minuscule freezer. They will be joining the most recent pot of tomato and onion also awaiting space.

This creative lark has some drawbacks.

I would really like to freeze the cakes too.

So where could I put another freezer............

Forget all that - I have been playing with Flickr for the past hour trying to see how to upload photos to avoid paying Blogger MONTHLY fees. The old annual one is no longer available. Playing with HTML codes -that is being creative, isn't it???? So here endeth today's post - I have a zillion photos to sort for tomorrow. I will be back. Have your rotary cutters ready.............

6 comments:

someone else said...

Re the photo storage/uploads: I have all my photos stored on an external hard drive rather than on an internet site such as flickr or picasa. The ensures that I have complete control over what I have and they aren't accessed by a website. When I want to upload a photo, I simply upload from that hard drive. No fees, no threat. Total control.

Run Quilt Knit Write said...

Your Apfelkuchen looks absolutely fabulous! You've made my tummy rumble!!

Carole Burant said...

Omigosh, you Apfelkuchen (sounds like a sneeze, don't it! lol) looks so delicious!! Will you be sharing the recipe??? I have tons of our apples left that need to be used.

I don't know what I'd do without my big freezer in the basement. With all the baking I do, especially at Christmas time, I need a big freezer! lol

Ah yes, having to use HTML certainly does constitute as being creative:-) xoxo

Sandra said...

Yay pics are working :)

Saved the recipe for the Apfelkuchen (I hope I spelled that right lol)

Vee said...

Oh that looks delish!

Needled Mom said...

Oh my goodness....that looks delicious. I am going to have to give that a try.