Sunday, October 28, 2012

31: Rudolph is not looking too good..............


We have had COLD weather, and that made me think of the coming months with a great deal of dread. I loathe the clocks going back and the early darkness, and I count down the days till December and the instant the days start getting longer again. And our clocks went back in the early hours of this morning. I could think in terms of a longer lie-in in bed, of course. However, the dogs have yet to learn to tell the time, so it was before dawn when I stumbled to the door to the garden to let them out. Sleep was illusive after that. 

I was planning to have a day on the couch today, because I found a quilt I made years ago, all pinned and ready to quilt, but then I realised I needed to get some food, or at least some ingredients to make a meal or 7 from home, so here I am. I will be heading back to the warmth very soon, believe me,. This house is not cosy right now. 

145

But while I was here, I added a coat to some of the things I have been making from wood. These are my first attempts at cutting out words. They are a little wonky, but I am rather pleased with myself, I have to say. 

I have also been trying to draw a very basic Rudolph face to put on the tags for the kids in Jackie's class. 

Well.

Hmmm

Maybe I will do stars instead. Even my simple snowflake looked like an incorrect geometry problem. So I painted those tags red. I can change my mind. Red is good too. And it hides all sorts of problems. So then I ended up on Pinterest looking for how to pages. 

And then I gave up and made coffee. 

148

You can see the problem. 

So, I think I will go and quilt and ignore the pile of tags awaiting my attention. It is Sunday. A day of rest, after all.

I hope you are all warm and cosy in your homes, and to my friends in the path of the megastorm - keep safe.

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I think your Rudolph looks wonderful and I can't believe how great the words turned out!

I am with you on the dark. My favorite day is that winter solstice when I know the days are starting to get longer...even a minute helps. Our clocks go back next week :(

Vee said...

I am neither warm nor cozy. Sorry that the colder weather has found you. Have been in the sewing room trying to quilt a table runner. A table runner! Why all the grief for such a simple thing.

Not sure that I do see the problem with Rudolph. He looks very cute to me. The legs perhaps? They'd be a challenge to cut out I guess.

Hope that you get to take a nap and read a book in one of your nests upon the sofa.

Run Quilt Knit Write said...

Actually I think your Rudolphs are really rather good!

Carole Burant said...

It's pouring rain here and windy right now...it's also only 2c so brrrrr! Not a very good Halloween for the kids to go out trick or treating in:-(

You must be your own worst critic because I think your Rudolph faces are perfect:-)

Here's a little poem I'm sharing with everyone today...

This is Halloween

Goblins on the doorstep,
Phantoms in the air,
Owls on witches' gate posts,
Giving stare for stare.

Cats on flying broomsticks,
Bats against the moon,
Stirring round of fate-cakes,
With a solemn spoon.

Whirling apple parings,
Figures draped in sheets,
Dodging, disappearing,
Up and down the streets.

Jack-o'-lanterns grinning,
Shadows on a screen,
Shrieks and starts and laughter--
This is Halloween!

Happy Halloween, dear Linds, I'm glad you enjoyed my Halloween Bash and the costume I put you in! hehe xoxo