Wednesday, January 04, 2012

A muffin day......

The snowstorm has not arrived yet. There has been a lot of rain. A few flakes of snow, but storm? No. Not yet, at least. It is one of those sort of days when I want to go for a walk, do things outside, but then, if the storm is coming, maybe not. 

So I am dithering about here, not sure what I want to do. WASTING TIME. 

That is not good. 

I am supposed to be living intentionally. Hah. Dithering has its benefits too. 

SO....

I have just made some blueberry streusel muffins. They smell divine. Unfortunately they are welded into the pans. So I do believe we will have custard or ice-cream with blueberry streusel crumbs instead. There were no muffin cases. 

Who needs muffin cases and who cares if the muffins are whole. I am sure the crumbs will taste good. Not part of the weight loss programme, of course. Treats are good now and then and they have blueberries in, so that means fruit and fruit is healthy. I will walk round the lake twice in the morning. 

The muse is quite evidently not in residence, people. I will be back tomorrow.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They definitely look like they're worth twice around the lake, especially of they're smothered in lovely custard!

Actually, I'll have two and walk three times round!!

someone else said...

If you're intentionally wasting time, isn't that considered living intentionally? Enjoy!

Vee said...

Now those look heavenly even if you must scrape them out of there. Hmmmm...

Hope that everything is back to good working order and remains that way!

Midlife Mom said...

Those look divine! Well worth the walk around the lake!! I admire your quest for better health, I am not doing as well. Pinched nerve in my left arm prevents me from most exercise but if I didn't have that I would probably have another excuse. I seem to come up with them regularly. sigh.........

We have to have our sewer pumped out at the lake occasionally and the the trucks logo is If Not Satisfied Twice Your Sewerage Back! Yikes!!!!

Great pictures!

Donnetta said...

Those look so yummy! I can almost smell them and the thought of having a taste while they are still warm... YUM!

Carole Burant said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, dear Linds! Christmas has now been put away and I have more time for blogging. I'm actually looking forward to some quiet days:-)

I just read your recent posts and I see that you are in Switzerland visiting your sister....I'm soooo envious, look at all that glorious scenery:-) I know how much you love it there so enjoy every minute!!

Your muffins do indeed look delicious and no matter how you have to serve them, no doubt they will be yummy:-) We need to be able to email each other such foods! hehe

I promise to come visit much more often!! xoxo

Needled Mom said...

Those look delicious!!!! I can almost taste them from here.

MotherT said...

I would enjoy the intentional time-wasting! It seems that my to-do list just keeps getting longer. I think I'm going to run away for a day and only take my Kindle and some food.

boysmum2 said...

They look so yum