Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January.......

The first month of 2012 is over - well just about over. A few hours to go. And it is really cold. FREEZING in fact and due to get much colder in the next couple of days. Switzerland is due to get much much colder too. Siberian blasts on the way.

The month has flown by, but then there have been walks in the mountains, much snow and ice, fun with family and Jean in the Alps, Swiss bargains on the sales, flights home, trains and planes and..... you know the song. Home. Christmas down and packed away, presents finally opened, new hair cut, back to normal, aquarobics and aquazumba, washing, tidying, dusting, vacuuming, skyping with my kids, coffee with friends, supermarkets, and my lovely warm and soft bed.

Playing with my granddaughter, dollies, pushchairs and wiggles. I am a "good reacher" (I could reach things high up!!) and a "good girl" (when I did what she wanted me to do) and I wore a fairy costume to a "party" (around my neck). This month I have been a mum, daughter, sister, moregranny, friend, patient, customer, pupil, client.......

Crocheting ripples here and ripples in the Alps, baking, dreaming, reading (I am still on that Luci Swindoll book), snoozing in front of the TV, catching up with friends, making posies, taking photos. I have kept up the line a day project, and the Project 366 - a photo a day. Even if I sometimes remember at 11pm and resort to taking a photo of the weather forecast on the computer. It is still a photo. Eating 3 meals a day and cutting out snacks....there has to be some good news on the weight front but I have not checked yet. Does the fact that the jeans now slide off without me undoing the buttons count??? I hope so.

And the "joy"........ I am trying, but I know I need to do much more focusing on just what it means to look for joy - find joy. Laugh more. Mind you, I have to say that exhaustion and barristers etc do not make a particularly joyous combination. Not yet, anyway. But you never know......

I wanted to make a mosaic of photos, but I have forgotten how to do one. Maybe tomorrow. If I remember how.

January has been a busy month. Busy is good. Therefore, January has been good.


6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Can you believe it is going to be February already? Impossible!!!!

Dawn said...

What a busy month! It has been here too, but totally different from yours. Lots of trips to physical therapy and podiatrist. Lots of kiddoes here (well, the same kiddoes lots of times), birthday parties, some very nice warm weather and some very cold weather - on the same day lots of times. I wish I was a more fun gramma, but sometimes I feel like just an older mommy instead.

Onward to February - going to busy, too!

Dawn said...

PS - the jean thing sounds great - wish I could say the same!

Brenda said...

Glad you have had a wonderful month. Good job on the weight loss!

Helen in Switzerland said...

I'd love to learn how to make a photo mosaic too - if you remember how to do it, can you let me know how too!
Glad to hear you're loosing weight - wish I was!!

Carole Burant said...

Well, we're now in February and I for one am glad because I find January our darkest and coldest month. It certainly does sound like you had a very busy month and no doubt the months will continue to be busy:-) I can just picture you with the faerie costume around your neck! hehe How I'd love to have Lily over here so that we could play with all my faeries but she hasn't been here since she was 5 weeks old:-( Maybe I'll have to bring all my faeries over there before she gets too old! lol

If your jeans are getting loose then that's definitely a good sign:-) I cut out snacks in between meals and no eating in the evenings the last 4 months and even though I still eat what I want for meals, I've lost 30 pounds!! Continue the good work, dear Linds, it's really worth it although it gets expensive on having to buy new clothes! lol

Happy February:-) xoxo