"Well, here goes another round of Alphabet Soup. Tuesday will be the day of the week to share a list of things that add joy and pleasure to your life, all beginning with the specific letter of the alphabet."
And today we start with the letter A. If you want to join in, please use the logo (I haven't got the code if there is one! Yet....) and link back to her blog, and leave a comment for her too, to let her know you have posted! Thanks!
- My son and his wife both have names starting with A, so they go top of the list. What a delight they are! I am so blessed.
- Anticipation - of being a Granny in February next year. Oh, the excitement!
- Apples - my tree is groaning with wonderful apples at the moment, and I have been sitting down peeling and coring and making apple pie fillings to freeze. Apples and custard is also a favourite.
- Aeroplanes - yes, they do take people I love far way, but they also take me to see them, and bring them home again. How lucky we are to live in a time when travel is possible for so many.
- Autumn - golden colours as the seasons change, and the celebration of harvest and all the good things grown.
- Art - I have the most beautiful paintings around my home. Some of the country where I was born, some of family, some painted by my children over the years, and some by my friends. All bring joy to my heart.
- Age - Morning Glory lists age as well, and I am following her example because I, too, have learnt to celebrate all the good which comes from the passing years. Experiences, adventures, blessings, together with celebrations and tribulations all add up to what we hope is growing wisdom. Well, a little! And as I get older, I hope I never stop learning, or celebrating the years which are a tapestry in glorious colours, of my life. Age has many benefits. You no longer dwell on the immediate too long, but on the wider picture. That has nothing to do with failing eyesight, though maybe that could be an example of wisdom. Hmmmm. I can see a post coming. Eyes. Age. Perspective. Wisdom. Watch this space.
I am sure there are many more As that I could think of and probably will through the day, I am sure. It is so lovely, you know, to focus on the things which add joy and pleasure to our lives. You can't help but smile as you think about them!